Display adapter failing? Ghosting, jailbars etc.

If you have hardware related issues with your Replay unit then look here for answers. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
mtarallo
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Display adapter failing? Ghosting, jailbars etc.

Post by mtarallo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:35 pm

Hello - look I have not been too pleased with what has been going on with my device (basically read everyone one else's negative experience and mine are similar), but I accepted it an moved on. HOWEVER, I have been using it as a mini-pc - surfing the web, transferring files etc - it fits great in an area where space is minimal - so far so good UNTIL - i turn it on and my screen starts to flicker and you can see wavy lines and the display is not as clear as it once was. I think the display adapter is failing. I tried this with 2 RGB monitors and 2 TVs with HDMI - same thing more or less. Anyone else experiencing this or a similar issue with the display? It is noticeable on a white background - where you also see ghosting.

I did send a note to the shipping email address.

Thanks
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (434.52 KiB) Viewed 84 times

WheatPasta

Re: Display adapter failing? Ghosting, jailbars etc.

Post by WheatPasta » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:41 pm

mtarallo wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:35 pm
where you also see ghosting.
Have you tried a different HDMI cable and updated your graphics driver?
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

mtarallo
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Post by mtarallo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Yes - I tried all that - same thing. Don't worry about it, I returned it - got my money back - sorry guys this thing did not work for me. I have a ton of respect for all of you dedicated to getting this thing working - tweaking, changing front ends etc. BUT at the end of the day - that is not how this was marketed to any of us. If it was I would have never have backed it. I already had a PC and a Pi cab that can do most if not all of it. Again - respect all around - but this thing did not live up to expectations. Console to Rule them all? Meh not really.

Regards,
Mike

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:04 pm

mtarallo wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:36 pm
sorry guys this thing did not work for me.
I understand where you are coming from. I'm sorry about your experience. Others as well as myself appreciate the respect.

Take care Mike
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.