General Support / Troubleshooting

If you have hardware related issues with your Replay unit then look here for answers. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
WheatPasta

Re: General Support / Troubleshooting

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:11 pm

SunfireDragon wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:02 pm
My initial suspicion was that it was getting too hot, but since it only happens the once and only when first turning on I am skeptical. Any ideas here?
I have been playing around with this a little as well. While trying to upgrade the fan I ran into a few issues.

One of them I noticed was that I replace the stock thermal pad with some good thermal paste. I must not have screwed the stock fan cooler back down all the way. (The screens can be a bit of a pain) After that like you mentioned I would get random complete shut downs in Windows (Under Linux it seemed fine) I reinstalled a few times and i still had the same issue. Finally I decided to put a big passive heat sink on with a thermal pad on top of the already on thermal paste, and it seems to be doing fine now. The heat sink seems to get a little warm, but no shut downs.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Viper72
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Viper72 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:26 pm

How do you get the dreamcade to play 4 player games every time I plugged a third and forth controller in it would except those and egnor the originals, all xbox one controllers were used?

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:46 pm

Viper72 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:26 pm
How do you get the dreamcade to play 4 player games
If you are using the stock front end try plugging in one controller at a time, and then go to the settings and double check the player order after each plug in.

If you are using LaunchBox/RetroArch plug each in and then check the controller configurations in RetroArch settings.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

LtMunst
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by LtMunst » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:56 pm

Having trouble with games running through the Replay front end on my new tv. Previous TV was a 5 year old 1080p Panasonic plasma which worked perfectly. Just purchased an LG75UK6570PUB 4K and have run into issues. Every game I play through the replay front end has stuttering audio and seems to be running at like 75% speed. I do not have this problem outside of the front end. GOG games run fine and all other PC operations work fine with the new tv. It's just the games run through the front end that are having the stuttering audio/slower motion problem. Windows is up to date, video drivers were updated and resolution is set at 720.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:23 pm

Which emulators are bogging down? Make sure you change the resolution through the Front End side. And not from desktop. Once that is done, then check your display settings or Intel Control Panel. You might have to tweak some additional settings.
I run my Replay @ 1080p on a 72". Also my tv mode is set on Game Mode. Try that or PC mode. And see if that helps or not!
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

LtMunst
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by LtMunst » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Mireille2015 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:23 pm
Which emulators are bogging down? Make sure you change the resolution through the Front End side. And not from desktop. Once that is done, then check your display settings or Intel Control Panel. You might have to tweak some additional settings.
I run my Replay @ 1080p on a 72". Also my tv mode is set on Game Mode. Try that or PC mode. And see if that helps or not!
Having the problem with Arcade and NES. Haven't tried anything else yet. TV is set to Game Mode on that input...this TV is rated high for having really low lag in game mode. I'll try playing around with some other settings and switching to 1080p when I get home. Thanks.

EDIT
Problem Fixed...turns out it was the refresh rate. I played around with different resolutions, but that did not help. Seems MAME was the only emulator not cooperating with the new TV. Finally noticed in the Intel Video settings that the refresh rate was 29Hz. Changed to 59Hz (Can't seem to sync at 60hz) and everything is back to normal. :D
Last edited by WheatPasta on Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:03 pm

Well, thats one mystery solved!
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

muribe76

Post by muribe76 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:43 am

Hello, I am having issues setting up my replay. It looks like the start up screen no longer has the offline account option and makes you either sign in or set up an account. Please help!

Thank you,

Morgan