General Support / Troubleshooting

If you have hardware related issues with your Replay unit then look here for answers. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
WheatPasta
Loading…

Re: General Support / Troubleshooting

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:05 am

visitorlizard wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:37 am
Does anyone know what can get this drive back online or how to replace it?
It's very unlikely that the front end software update would hurt a hard drive. I would first see if it has come a little loose. There are two slide locks on the bottom of the Replay. Slide them to unlock, and the the Replay can be pulled off the drive bay.

Now get a small Philips head screw driver and loosen the door locking screw. Once loose you should be able to slide the door off. Now push down to unplug the hard drive, and then push up to plug it back in. Reinstall the bay, boot into Windows and see if that fixed what might have been a loose connection.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

visitorlizard

Re: General Support / Troubleshooting

Post by visitorlizard » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:30 am

Are these instructions for the external hard drive bay that plugs in under the Replay? I didn't get that one, I had the internal SSD hard drive that's in the main unit. There are no slide locks on the main unit.