2.5" Hard drive not showing up

If you have hardware related issues with your Replay unit then look here for answers. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
danielbweaver

2.5" Hard drive not showing up

Post by danielbweaver » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:26 am

I ordered the Replay with the optional HD bay (no hard drive) then ordered a 2.5" Seagate 1TB BarraCuda SATA 6Gb/s 128MB Cache drive from amazon. I received my Replay today. Installed the drive before the initial start up. After doing the registration process, downloading the extra content and doing all updates I checked the drives and the only one that shows is the C drive. I have not tried a USB drive to see if that shows up or not. I need to know what to do so I can start downloading games to the large storage drive. Thanks

Hnegron
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Re: 2.5" Hard drive not showing up

Post by Hnegron » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:55 am

danielbweaver wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:26 am
I ordered the Replay with the optional HD bay (no hard drive) then ordered a 2.5" Seagate 1TB BarraCuda SATA 6Gb/s 128MB Cache drive from amazon. I received my Replay today. Installed the drive before the initial start up. After doing the registration process, downloading the extra content and doing all updates I checked the drives and the only one that shows is the C drive. I have not tried a USB drive to see if that shows up or not. I need to know what to do so I can start downloading games to the large storage drive. Thanks
Make sure your seagate Hard Drive is formatted to ntfs file system. Windows won’t see. You should look at USB drive.

danielbweaver

Post by danielbweaver » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:13 am

How do you format the drive? I bought the HD enclosure and a hard drive so I would really like that to work

Zee
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by Zee » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:00 am

danielbweaver wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:13 am
How do you format the drive? I bought the HD enclosure and a hard drive so I would really like that to work
If you bought a new hard drive separately, then it is highly likely that it will not have been formatted (this is normal).
So, you'll need to follow this guide on how to do that (as mentioned previously, you'll want to format the hard drive to NTFS):
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-form ... windows-10
Scroll down to the section called "How to create and format a new partition using Disk Management"
Of course, it goes without saying, that the hard drive will need to be inserted into the HD Enclosure, and the Enclosure to be connected to the Replay when you power it up and follow the above instructions.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select the NEW hard drive when formatting. Please be careful not to select the main hard drive, or any other drives you may have plugged in at the time.

Zee
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by Zee » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:04 am

Once Windows can see the hard drive, I suppose you'll want to change the default location for downloading and storing games to be the new hard drive.

Guides to do that can be found on the following forum links:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=993&p=4750&hilit=m ... tory#p4750
and
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=948&p=4173&hilit=m ... tory#p4173

NOTE: Instead of the drive letter for the SD Card, you'll need to use the drive letter for the new connected Hard Drive.

Hope that helps.

babbc
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by babbc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:22 pm

I also have the same problem but I did get it to show up when I first received my replay and downloaded a bunch of games. I went out of town for a couple of days and when I came back the hard drive does not show up anymore. The hard drive was already formatted and games downloaded on it. Is there any way to get it to show up or do I have to reformat again and start over

Zee
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by Zee » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:44 pm

babbc wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:22 pm
I also have the same problem but I did get it to show up when I first received my replay and downloaded a bunch of games. I went out of town for a couple of days and when I came back the hard drive does not show up anymore. The hard drive was already formatted and games downloaded on it. Is there any way to get it to show up or do I have to reformat again and start over
I wonder if the hard drive has a loose connection, i.e. wasn't properly plugged in. You might need to open up the hd base and take a look, push the connector in some more, see if that's the problem.
Also make sure that the connection between the hd enclosure and the Replay isn't loose either.
Failing that, then potentially your hard drive may have suffered a fault.

babbc
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by babbc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:23 pm

I'll give it a try. I hope that's it

Gz28vaaquez

Post by Gz28vaaquez » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:41 pm

I had the same issue as you, wouldn't see it at all, tried opening it and securing it better into the bay and nothing BUT, I just got it working a few minutes ago.
I took it out of the enclosure and installed it into my standard PC and went to disk management is showed up, I had to initialize it first then reformated it for good measure, popped it back in the HDD Bay and now my Replay reads it.

babbc
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by babbc » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:37 am

That worked for me also. Thanks for the tip.