System Turns Off on its own

If you have hardware related issues with your Replay unit then look here for answers. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
Rivcogent
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

System Turns Off on its own

Post by Rivcogent » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:37 am

I've been having trouble with both of the power supplies that I purchased. At first I thought it was just the secondary plug I purchased for travel, but I noticed that if I even do anything that will make the replay move, it will automatically turn off. It's so unbelievably frustrating. I'll have to unplug the back of the replay to fumble around the with power cable and then try turning it back on. Once I simply started walking to sit down in my chair and the replay turned off.

Is anyone else having this issue? I think I have a defective unit which is a bummer considering how much time I spent trying to set it up amidst the constant turning off.

WheatPasta

Re: System Turns Off on its own

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:51 pm

Rivcogent wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:37 am
I've been having trouble with both of the power supplies that I purchased.
I wonder if some how the internal power plug inside has become loose. Are you able to take the lid off and snap a picture of that area?
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by correa81 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:42 pm

I've had this happen a couple times I just think the ac cord was a little loose

psycho3495
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by psycho3495 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:22 pm

I have experienced this as well. While in the middle of a game it just shut off. Not sure why. Then after booting it back up and during login it did it again. the second restart it came up fine. It hasn't happened to me since. Usually when I see this stuff I pay attention to patterns to troubleshoot, but seems random in my case anyway. No cables were loose and it has plenty of room to vent.

Rivcogent
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by Rivcogent » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:25 am

WheatPasta wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:51 pm
Rivcogent wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:37 am
I've been having trouble with both of the power supplies that I purchased.
I wonder if some how the internal power plug inside has become loose. Are you able to take the lid off and snap a picture of that area?
Hey Wheatpasta,

thanks for the tip! I'll try taking the lid off and snapping a picture for you guys. It's still happening and is really bumming me out because I can't use this for parties without everyone getting all frustrated.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:04 am

This happened to me twice during my first week of having my Replay. Ever since then, it hasn't shut itself off. Time to time, I'll leave the Replay on all night and see if it does it again. Could be a bug. Or an angry elf. Who knows. But, some users have had the same experience.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Joeljoel1947

Post by Joeljoel1947 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:34 pm

Mine is doing this as well. Just randomly shuts down. Just happened 3 times in a row and wanted me to go into recovery mode to get it to boot back on. Frustrated.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:08 pm

Joeljoel1947 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:34 pm
Mine is doing this as well. Just randomly shuts down. Just happened 3 times in a row and wanted me to go into recovery mode to get it to boot back on. Frustrated.
I will ping Trevyn. It seems, more users are experiencing this issue.
Trevyn wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:24 pm
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Rivcogent
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by Rivcogent » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Still experiencing this issue. Occurs with both power supplies I was shipped. Really frustrating!

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Joeljoel1947 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:34 pm
Mine is doing this as well.
Rivcogent wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:35 pm
Still experiencing this issue.
If possible try to take the lid off and place a small fan on top.

I have been messing around with the stock fan as well as aftermarket fan stuff on mine. At one point this was happening. It was weird because it would not happen during the Windows install, in Safe Mode under Windows, or Linux. I started throwing stuff and the wall to see what stuck, and after placing a small fan on top of the Replay it has not turned off since.

I ended up using a 120mm PC case fan and a fan pin to USB converter I had laying around, and this heatsink but you should be able to grab something like this. It might not look the best,but I have not had a random shutdown since. I would also imagine that it is running cooler then stock this way.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.