General Support / Troubleshooting

If you have hardware related issues with your Replay unit then look here for answers. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
Jibbz
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Replay stuck on set up.

Post by Jibbz » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:52 pm

My replay arrived today ...thanks.... started to go through the windows setup. It gets to the create pin screen then just shows "just a moment" for ages and does not seem to get past that screen. Any advice ?

Trevyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Replay stuck on set up.

Post by Trevyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:22 pm

Jibbz wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:52 pm
My replay arrived today ...thanks.... started to go through the windows setup. It gets to the create pin screen then just shows "just a moment" for ages and does not seem to get past that screen. Any advice ?
Press power button to turn off.
Turn Replay back on.
Begin setup
At account select, Select Offline Account, Then press No
Continue with setup.

(you can still link with an online account later)

Zee
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Re: Just recieved my replay

Post by Zee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:58 pm

Just a couple of initial things having just finished setting up my Replay...
* There looks to be 11GB spare after set up and installation of all additional files (PSP support, Gamecube support, etc etc).
* Pairing my 8Bitdo N30 Pro hasn't worked. Went through the Win10 Bluetooth pairing ritual, and the controller LED's have turned to a solid blue indicating pairing was successful, but the Dreamcade interface hasn't recognised it. Menu not responding. Controller inactive.
Works fine if I go via USB though... but that's beside the point of having a Bluetooth controller.

I'll post more if I come across anything else...
Last edited by Zee on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trevyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trevyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:10 pm

Zee wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:58 pm
* Searching for games - you need to be VERY specific when typing out the title. Thought I'd try just Ratchet in the search, see what results would come up, but it came back with zero. Typing Ratchet and Clank came back with results, but none were of the Playstation game I was searching for...

I'll post more if I come across anything else...
The Search feature only supports the systems shown along the left of the screen. We would like to add more systems to the list. We will update it in the future.

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:10 pm

Cyclonus wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:14 pm
Just found another bug if you switch between inputs on your tv and the dreamcade is on it comes back with a static image and a buzzing sound
You might also want to try turning off your TVs HDMI CEC feature if it has it. I have noticed weird picture issues like this on other devices that seem to get corrected if i mess around with the CEC feature in the menu.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Zee
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by Zee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Trevyn wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:10 pm
The Search feature only supports the systems shown along the left of the screen. We would like to add more systems to the list. We will update it in the future.
Yeh, sorry. I edited my comment as soon as I saw the error of my ways :)
The wife swore it was on the original playstation... turns out it first came out on the ps2.

How do you delete games through the replay menu?
I just downloaded double dragon for arcade, but turns out it was the nintendo playerchoice version, rather than the original arcade.
Last edited by WheatPasta on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post.

Trevyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trevyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:29 pm

Zee wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:17 pm
How do you delete games through the replay menu?
I just downloaded double dragon for arcade, but turns out it was the nintendo playerchoice version, rather than the original arcade.
These instructions assume an X-Box layout controller.

Go to Settings/Remove Games

A controller image should appear on the screen. Navigate to the game entry in the menu.

Press "A" button to mark the game with an "X".

Press "Select" to remove the game.

You can also manually remove games by exiting to windows and going to C:\roms\{System Name}

Zee
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by Zee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:40 pm

@Trevyn

hmmm...

So the B button on my N30 Pro is used for selecting a console to go into within the menu options.
So when the XBOX controller came up stating the different removal options, I navigated to 'Arcade' and hit B, thinking it would then go into the Arcade submenu for me to select the incorrect version of Double Dragon.
Turns out I just deleted the entire Arcade out of the menu.

I went to reinstall DD in the hope it would bring back the Arcade option within the Replay menu, but no joy. I installed US set 1 and US set 3 arcade versions, but no difference. Arcade is no longer there for me to select :(

Any thoughts?

Trevyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trevyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Zee wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:40 pm
@Trevyn

hmmm...

So the B button on my N30 Pro is used for selecting a console to go into within the menu options.
So when the XBOX controller came up stating the different removal options, I navigated to 'Arcade' and hit B, thinking it would then go into the Arcade submenu for me to select the incorrect version of Double Dragon.
Turns out I just deleted the entire Arcade out of the menu.

I went to reinstall DD in the hope it would bring back the Arcade option within the Replay menu, but no joy. I installed US set 1 and US set 3 arcade versions, but no difference. Arcade is no longer there for me to select :(

Any thoughts?
Go to Settings/Reset Disabled Games
(The replay will restart)

we are planing to update this feature to be easier to use and more intuitive.

I would also recommend using Right/Left DPad to navigate menus when deleting games.

Zee
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by Zee » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:56 pm

Thanks Trevyn, I'll give that a try.

I think I'll start a new topic for general support/troubleshooting in the 'Replay' channel, as this isn't the right place for it. I just found another minor issue when firing up one of the preloaded games.