General Support / Troubleshooting

If you have hardware related issues with your Replay unit then look here for answers. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
WheatPasta

Re: General Support / Troubleshooting

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:11 pm

SunfireDragon wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:02 pm
My initial suspicion was that it was getting too hot, but since it only happens the once and only when first turning on I am skeptical. Any ideas here?
I have been playing around with this a little as well. While trying to upgrade the fan I ran into a few issues.

One of them I noticed was that I replace the stock thermal pad with some good thermal paste. I must not have screwed the stock fan cooler back down all the way. (The screens can be a bit of a pain) After that like you mentioned I would get random complete shut downs in Windows (Under Linux it seemed fine) I reinstalled a few times and i still had the same issue. Finally I decided to put a big passive heat sink on with a thermal pad on top of the already on thermal paste, and it seems to be doing fine now. The heat sink seems to get a little warm, but no shut downs.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Viper72
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by Viper72 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:26 pm

How do you get the dreamcade to play 4 player games every time I plugged a third and forth controller in it would except those and egnor the originals, all xbox one controllers were used?

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:46 pm

Viper72 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:26 pm
How do you get the dreamcade to play 4 player games
If you are using the stock front end try plugging in one controller at a time, and then go to the settings and double check the player order after each plug in.

If you are using LaunchBox/RetroArch plug each in and then check the controller configurations in RetroArch settings.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.