Moving Files

If you have hardware related issues with your Replay unit then look here for answers. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
Retro_Master
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Moving Files

Post by Retro_Master » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Lol since i was a genius on getting the 32g version of this and not buying the much needed hd i got an sd card for the moment to move files so the replay wont be so slow. What files can i put into the sd card to fee up some space to have it run as fast as it was on day one
Is mayonnaise an instrument :?:

WheatPasta
Loading…

Re: Moving Files

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Retro_Master wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:40 pm
What files can i put into the sd card to fee up some space to have it run as fast as it was on day one
In the front end you can go to settings, and then select change download directory. Select the drive letter of your card, and this will create rom folders on it. Then you can move any already downloaded games to your SD card in the correct folders.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Retro_Master
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Post by Retro_Master » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:46 pm

ya i did that yesterday but can i just throw all the replay stuff on the sd instead of the main storage? if so what files exactly?

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Retro_Master wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:46 pm
can i just throw all the replay stuff on the sd instead of the main storage? if so what files exactly?
I wouldn't you might end up breaking the front end if you move any files out of the C drive. Especially on to an SD card.

The only way you could do that is if you scrap the front end and set up LaunchBox with RetroArch and install everything on the SD card.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Retro_Master
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Post by Retro_Master » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:09 pm

ok, thanks for the help

Retro_Master
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Post by Retro_Master » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:45 pm

Another question, How do you permanently delete the shortcuts under create,play and explore when you click on the windows key i cant delete them dumb app games that come with windows either a bit annoying