ps1 games not showing in dreamcade replay

Can't figure out how to get a certain game to work? Stuck on the boss at level 3? Ask your fellow gamers for help!
User avatar
Final Contra
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:23 pm
Final Contra’s avatar
Loading…

ps1 games not showing in dreamcade replay

Post by Final Contra » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:17 pm

I'm having trouble getting my Playstation games to show up correctly. I have them in the folder format described in the FAQs but it does not look to be getting picked up by the Dreamcade Replay. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

ePSXe is able to run the games if i manually run the emulator and load the rom files myself so this does look to be just something I'm doing wrong with folder structure.

Dreamcade View
ROM Folder Structure (D: drive is set as my save location, works fine for NES, N64, SNES, and Genesis)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

User avatar
Final Contra
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:23 pm
Final Contra’s avatar
Loading…

Re: ps1 games not showing in dreamcade replay

Post by Final Contra » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:16 pm

bump

Is anyone else having trouble with this? I'm following the "{drive}/roms/psx/{gamename}/" structure for my bin/cue files listed in the Game & Software FAQ but they're not showing up.

User avatar
CaptainJ
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:32 am

Re: ps1 games not showing in dreamcade replay

Post by CaptainJ » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:22 am

I am also having this problem
Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

philipscd-i.com

User avatar
Mireille2015
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm
Location: USA TEXAS

Re: ps1 games not showing in dreamcade replay

Post by Mireille2015 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Final Contra wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:17 pm
I'm having trouble getting my Playstation games to show up correctly. I have them in the folder format described in the FAQs but it does not look to be getting picked up by the Dreamcade Replay. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

ePSXe is able to run the games if i manually run the emulator and load the rom files myself so this does look to be just something I'm doing wrong with folder structure.

Dreamcade View
ROM Folder Structure (D: drive is set as my save location, works fine for NES, N64, SNES, and Genesis)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D
Thank you for the pictures. I easily see your issues. You have a folder inside the folder. That's why you can't see the roms showing up. All roms / files need to be directly in the system folder. Or the emulator actually cant see it. It works manually, because you told the emulator where to find it. Hope this helps.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

User avatar
Mireille2015
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm
Location: USA TEXAS

Re: ps1 games not showing in dreamcade replay

Post by Mireille2015 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:15 pm

Final Contra wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:16 pm
bump

Is anyone else having trouble with this? I'm following the "{drive}/roms/psx/{gamename}/" structure for my bin/cue files listed in the Game & Software FAQ but they're not showing up.
That's unusual. I have tried Castlevania (USA) in BIN/CUE format. And it plays. I have tried Mortal Kombat 4 (U) in ISO image. It plays. I've played Mortal KombatII (Japan) in BIN/CUE format, it plays.

How are the games titled? Sometimes the game is incorrectly spelled or not type properly will not show up or play.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

User avatar
Final Contra
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:23 pm
Final Contra’s avatar
Loading…

Re: ps1 games not showing in dreamcade replay

Post by Final Contra » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:03 pm

Mireille2015 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:15 pm
Final Contra wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:16 pm
bump

Is anyone else having trouble with this? I'm following the "{drive}/roms/psx/{gamename}/" structure for my bin/cue files listed in the Game & Software FAQ but they're not showing up.
That's unusual. I have tried Castlevania (USA) in BIN/CUE format. And it plays. I have tried Mortal Kombat 4 (U) in ISO image. It plays. I've played Mortal KombatII (Japan) in BIN/CUE format, it plays.

How are the games titled? Sometimes the game is incorrectly spelled or not type properly will not show up or play.
I have Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 in the screenshot. All others follow the same format. I have tried adding and removing the "(USA)" portion of the files but I don't think that worked.

Can you take a screenshot of how your folders are set up? The Games & Software FAQ says to make a folder for each game's bin and cue files under the psx folder and name this folder after the name of the game:
PS1: psx>(New folder with game name) Drop bin/cue or track/cue files in folder with game name
I can get the games to show up in if I drop them directly in the psx folder but I then have an entry for each bin file for games that have multiple. Single bin file games work for me this way but multiple bin file games don't work correctly (missing music/features, tested with Bust-A-Move 4)

Thanks a ton for the reply! :D

Stevieg
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:02 pm
sgarceau99’s avatar
Loading…

Re: ps1 games not showing in dreamcade replay

Post by Stevieg » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:06 am

Some of us need a dumbed down version of how to get the PS1 games we have downloaded to show up AND play. Can anyone help? I had 13 games and they were in the PS1 slot, but would not play.

xenoseraphim
Member
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: ps1 games not showing in dreamcade replay

Post by xenoseraphim » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:09 am

I cant even get my psx emulator to show up on the front end if someone could assist with that.

User avatar
Mireille2015
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm
Location: USA TEXAS

Re: ps1 games not showing in dreamcade replay

Post by Mireille2015 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:59 am

xenoseraphim wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:09 am
I cant even get my psx emulator to show up on the front end if someone could assist with that.
I'm not sure what you mean.

When you scroll down / up to PlayStation. You should able to see the "included games". If you want to access the actual emulator. Then go to C:\emulators\psx Then click on ePSXe.exe to open the actual emulator.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

User avatar
Final Contra
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:23 pm
Final Contra’s avatar
Loading…

Re: ps1 games not showing in dreamcade replay

Post by Final Contra » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:39 pm

Mireille2015, could you post a screenshot of your psx rom folder structure similar to my screenshot since yours is working?

I'm concerned that this may be a legitimate issue but the Dreamcade team is not aware of it yet.

Post Reply