Has anyone installed Fortnite/Epic Games on the Replay Console?

Can't figure out how to get a certain game to work? Stuck on the boss at level 3? Ask your fellow gamers for help!
Indiebass
Loading…

Has anyone installed Fortnite/Epic Games on the Replay Console?

Post by Indiebass » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:14 pm

Hi, there fellow Replay users!

I was trying to install the Epic Games launcher onto the Windows 10 portion of the Dreamcade Replay, but every time I'd installed it, it would install correctly, and when I went to launch it I'd get the thing popping up saying it was launching, then it would disappear. Then, if I tried to click the shortcut or the launcher itself, nothing would happen. If I "repair" the installer or re-install the Epic Games Launcher, the thing pops up one more time and says its working, then disappears again.

I guess I just wanted to ask if anyone has successfully managed to play/install Fortnite on their Dreamcade Replay? As a Windows 10 machine, I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I'm at a loss as to why I can't seem to get it to work. Any help is appreciated! (I would find it difficult to believe no one else has tried this yet)

Mireille2015

Re: Has anyone installed Fortnite/Epic Games on the Replay Console?

Post by Mireille2015 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:32 pm

I believe WheatPasta touched on this before. Fortnite does require certain specs in order to run properly on a PC. Specially it demands a lot from the video card.

WheatPasta wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:43 pm
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Steve
Staff
Staff

Post by Steve » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:42 pm

We just tried it, again, and we seem to be having an issue with the launcher launching. I would say this game may take a bit more resources than the replay has to offer. Perhaps at some point, we may be able to figure it out but for the moment the answer is sadly no.
I'm Lank from California!

Indiebass
Loading…

Post by Indiebass » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:51 pm

Cheers! As long as it isn't me... If there was someone out there who was successful, I would be interested in finding out what I was doing wrong. But if none of us can do it, I can accept that for now. Thanks again!

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:21 pm

Steve wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:42 pm
we seem to be having an issue with the launcher launching.
I have noticed this with a few other games too. Off the top of my head one is Alpha Protocol. While the specs look a little out of reach it will not even get past the launcher.

I thought you guys meant that it was Fortnite itself that would not launch, but it seems I can not even get the Epic Games Store to launch. I grabbed the latest launcher install file from their site, It still said it had to update. After it seems like it updated I clicked it, and nothing happened. So I tried to run the thing to fix the installer. It acted like it fixed something, but I still ended up not getting it to work.

I believe I read in passing that you can download a game and then add it to Steam as a Non Steam game. I'm going to try downloading Fortnite on my regular PC, and then moving it over on a flash drive.

EDIT Moved my Epic Game Store launcher directory that worked on my regular PC to the Replay and still no luck. I even tried to run it as Admin.

I am going to try to move Fortnite that I downloaded from my regular PC over and add it as a non Steam game. I am not sure if it will do any good since I never logged in though the Epic client on the Replay, but we will see what happens.

The Epic help page has this. It mentions installing different versions of Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio as well as Direct X. However in my case I am pretty sure a lot of these get checked for and installed while installing Steam games, and I have tested quite a few Steam games on the Replay.

TLDR
I downloaded and updated the Epic launcher on my regular PC. I then downloaded Fortnite on my regular PC. I copied them over to the Replay, and had no luck. On my regular PC the launcher works fine, and I can also launch Fortnite with the launcher not running. However on the Replay neither run.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Steve
Staff
Staff

Post by Steve » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:25 pm

I do find it odd that the launcher itself doesn't work but yes, by all accounts from what I understand (I don't really play Fortnite) it is a gpu intensive game which seeing as the replay does not have a gpu might complicate things.

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:15 pm

Steve wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:25 pm
(I don't really play Fortnite)
I don't either, and i'm not a fan of Epic bringing exclusivity to their store front. It is bad enough EA and Ubisoft do it.
As many games should be on/available to as many platforms / store fronts as possible. Then a developer would be more then welcome to include something like If you enjoy what you see in our game and want to make sure we get as much money for our effort as possible please purchase through the Epic Store where we get a higher cut per copy sold.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Steve
Staff
Staff

Post by Steve » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:46 pm

I recall the game Clash of Clans getting a lot of hype in a former office job. Its crazy that they made a million dollars a day during its peak. It will be interesting to see which direction gaming will take in the next decade or two.