Nintendo Based Systems

If you have any trouble getting emulators to run properly then check here for help.
WheatPasta

Re: N64 Controller Config

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:43 pm

mtarallo wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:03 pm
can someone help me get my N64 emu and controller configured to work as it should?
Controller wise try going to C:\emulators\n64 and run Project64. Then go to plugins and select controller. This should let you bind your controller. Then try running a game in the front end.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Mireille2015

Re: Nintendo Based Systems

Post by Mireille2015 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:36 pm

WheatPasta is correct. Easier to bind controls to actual emulator. And what issues are you having with N64? Is it gameplay?
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

mtarallo
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Post by mtarallo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:23 pm

Thank you - please note I also posted another question in general hardware - it seems my display hardware is going bad ??

Ddunn337
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by Ddunn337 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:29 am

Quick question. Is anybody getting weird pops and sound...i dunno artifacts maybe? While playing N64 games? Wanted to see if anyone has a quick fix before i start digging into the emulation settings.

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Ddunn337 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:29 am
Wanted to see if anyone has a quick fix
What games are you having these problems in? I believe you can go to C:\emulators\n64 , run Project 64, and add your game to the window list. Once added there it will tell you how well Project 64 can run X game.

If Project 64 says it can run the game okay then the next thing to do is to make sure to update your graphics driver. I posted a video on how to check and update drivers here. Updating my graphics driver helped some PC games run correctly when I was having some issues. Off the top of my head it fixed the audio not working in Bit Trip Runner 2. I believe the most recent graphics driver is around Nov. 5th or so. Also keep in mind that some games might run better then others because of the Replay's limited hardware. While I am not sure how well N64 fairs things like Game Cube are on a game by game basis.

If you go through these steps and are still having issues then quote my post here, or send me a PM on Discord so I get a notification to look. Mention the game and i'll try to poke around and see what I can do.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.