N64 common issues and fixes

If you have any trouble getting emulators to run properly then check here for help.
babbc
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:44 pm

N64 common issues and fixes

Post by babbc » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:48 am

Just got my Replay setup and all is good except in 64. I have no sound and unable to save. If anybody can help me out I would appreciate it. I'm not very computer smart so simple language would help. LOL

User avatar
Mireille2015
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm
Location: USA TEXAS

Re: N64. No sound or save states

Post by Mireille2015 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:23 am

babbc wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:48 am
Just got my Replay setup and all is good except in 64. I have no sound and unable to save. If anybody can help me out I would appreciate it. I'm not very computer smart so simple language would help. LOL
Please try this.


For the N64 issues try this,
Jlrico01 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:44 am
Hi everyone,

I was able to solve the sound issue on my dreamcade by doing the following:

1. Go to Windows and open the “File explorer folder” located on the bottom part of the screen.

2. Click on “This PC” and then scroll to and click on “Local Disk (C:)”

3. Find the “emulators” folder and click on it. Then click on the “n64” folder.

4. Locate the “Project64” application file double click on it to launch it.

5. Once the emulator application is launched go to “Options” and scroll down to “Settings”.

6. From there you will scroll down and click on “Plugins” to the right of that screen you will see an audio tab with a drop down that reads “Audio (sound) plugin:” click on the dropdown arrow and select “Shunyuan’s HLE Audio 1.8.2u1” and check mark the box that says “Audio HLE” then hit “Apply” to save your settings.

7. Once you complete that go back to the Dreamcade and launch it and select an N64 game and it should work. (It worked for me atleast.)

I hope this helps everyone in some way.
It does work. I verified it.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

babbc
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Re: N64. No sound or save states

Post by babbc » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:47 pm

Thank you so much for that I really appreciate it. It worked just fine with the sound. I still don't have the ability to save but I am okay with that because I still get to play the games I grew up with. Thanks again

User avatar
Mireille2015
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm
Location: USA TEXAS

Re: N64. No sound or save states

Post by Mireille2015 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:54 pm

babbc wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:47 pm
Thank you so much for that I really appreciate it. It worked just fine with the sound. I still don't have the ability to save but I am okay with that because I still get to play the games I grew up with. Thanks again
I'm glad it works. As far for save states. The actual emulator does do it. But it requires additional code writing through Dreamcade Software. Thats why you dont see the ui when you hit select + start. Only systems that run through MAME.

Have fun!
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Shinobisaint76
Member
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:00 pm

N64 sound problems and running slow

Post by Shinobisaint76 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:24 pm

Anybody know if it's possible to fix the sound issues on the N64. It's keeps skipping and repeating. The games I have deadly arts, doom, flying dragom, and mortal Kombat triology run choppy
Any help with this would be great. Thanks

User avatar
Mireille2015
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm
Location: USA TEXAS

Re: N64 sound problems and running slow

Post by Mireille2015 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Shinobisaint76 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:24 pm
Anybody know if it's possible to fix the sound issues on the N64. It's keeps skipping and repeating. The games I have deadly arts, doom, flying dragom, and mortal Kombat triology run choppy
Any help with this would be great. Thanks
Try this. Jlrico01 posted this for N64 issues.
viewtopic.php?p=4849#p4849
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Shinobisaint76
Member
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:00 pm

Re: N64 sound problems and running slow

Post by Shinobisaint76 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:17 pm

Thankyou. I actually did try that when I was experiencing no sound on the N64 games. And it did work which was great but now the sound skips. And the games are running choppy. So I was wondering if there was any way to fix that. I wasn't sure if there were some tweaks I maybe had to do in the emulator.

Jlsscorpio
Member Level 2
Member Level 2
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 6:00 pm

Nintendo 64 sound

Post by Jlsscorpio » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:28 pm

Can someone help me with nintendo 64 sound, you left the answer on my last post but for some reason my whole post was deleted
"With great power, comes great electric bill"

User avatar
Mireille2015
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm
Location: USA TEXAS

Re: Nintendo 64 sound

Post by Mireille2015 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:40 pm

Jlsscorpio wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:28 pm
Can someone help me with nintendo 64 sound, you left the answer on my last post but for some reason my whole post was deleted
It wasn't deleted. We had to move some threads together to keep things more organized. Give me a sec. And I'll link it here
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

User avatar
Mireille2015
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 685
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm
Location: USA TEXAS

Re: Nintendo 64 sound

Post by Mireille2015 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:44 pm

"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Post Reply