N64 Games - Black Screen

If you have any trouble getting emulators to run properly then check here for help.
Post Reply
Depooter
Member Level 3
Member Level 3
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:13 am

N64 Games - Black Screen

Post by Depooter » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:46 pm

some N64 games are working great (Mickey's Speedway, Goldeneye, etc) while others such as Mario Tennis begin to load...and just sit there on a black screen....any ideas? do we have a list of N64 games with problems?

User avatar
Mireille2015
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 819
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm
Location: USA TEXAS
Contact:

Re: N64 Games - Black Screen

Post by Mireille2015 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Depooter wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:46 pm
some N64 games are working great (Mickey's Speedway, Goldeneye, etc) while others such as Mario Tennis begin to load...and just sit there on a black screen....any ideas? do we have a list of N64 games with problems?
It could be. If you go to C:\emulators\n64\Project64.exe. And open up the emulator. Tell it where your roms are manually, and it will check for compatibility.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Depooter
Member Level 3
Member Level 3
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:13 am

Re: N64 Games - Black Screen

Post by Depooter » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:53 am

Yep. It’s in the list of not working. Thanks!

Andersonjr2
Member
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:12 am

Re: N64 Games - Black Screen

Post by Andersonjr2 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:09 pm

This was helpful, so for gauntlet legends it states plugin missing, is there any way to update the emulator with plugins? Sorry I am novice at this stuff

User avatar
Mireille2015
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 819
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm
Location: USA TEXAS
Contact:

Re: N64 Games - Black Screen

Post by Mireille2015 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:01 am

Yes there is. Just need to Google it. I dont have the game. What is the plugin that is asking? I don't have the game to know, right now.
--------------------------------------------
Andersonjr2 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:09 pm
This was helpful, so for gauntlet legends it states plugin missing, is there any way to update the emulator with plugins? Sorry I am novice at this stuff
You should be able to play Mario Tennis and Gauntlet Legends. I was able to obtain them and ran both of them I had no issues. Seems you might need to tweak your emulator.

Go to C:\emulators\n64\Project64.exe.
Last edited by WheatPasta on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

User avatar
WheatPasta
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 927
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:21 am
Wheat Pasta’s avatar
Loading…

Re: N64 Games - Black Screen

Post by WheatPasta » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:27 pm

Depooter wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:53 am
Yep. It’s in the list of not working. Thanks!
If you don't mind playing those in Windows or LaunchBox you can try Mupen 64 Plus
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Post Reply