MAME Arcade Help

If you have any trouble getting emulators to run properly then check here for help.
Viper72
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

MAME Troubleshooting

Post by Viper72 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Downloaded all roms within dreamcade they all worked fine turned it on this morning and nothing from the arcade section worked nes worked n64 worked, so I formatted my hard drive re downloaded roms and nothing worked?

WheatPasta
Loading…

Re: General Support / Troubleshooting

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:12 am

Viper72 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:28 pm
Downloaded all roms within dreamcade they all worked fine turned it on this morning and nothing from the arcade section worked nes worked n64 worked, so I formatted my hard drive re downloaded roms and nothing worked?
I'm trying to figure this out. I tried a Sega Genesis game and it ran in MAME okay.
MonkySpankachu wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:56 am
Hey, WheatPasta, thanks again. I’ve plugged in a mouse and keyboard and gotten past the lock screen. I’ll try the auto login next.
You are welcome. I am glad you got it sorted.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Viper72
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Viper72 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:49 am

Somethings corrupt so how do I get it back as day one every time I select a game all I get is a swirl with loading then back out to select screen ?

matt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by matt » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Viper72 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:49 am
Somethings corrupt so how do I get it back as day one every time I select a game all I get is a swirl with loading then back out to select screen ?
If you have not made a backup to a separate drive, then you will not be able to fully reset the device. There is not enough room on the device to include a full reset out of the box. However, we may be able to fix the issue you are having without resetting the whole unit.
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuFVQ7HCQAAbgpz.jpg

Viper72
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Viper72 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:40 pm

Could you tell me what I need to do to reset mame to working order.

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Viper72 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:40 pm
Could you tell me what I need to do to reset mame to working order.
My best guess would be to here Download 0.185 26 Apr 2017 mame0185b_64bit.exe

Then back up the roms folder in the current C>mame directory. After that run the exe and tell it to extract to C\mame
Then drag over your old roms folder and overwrite the one that the extract created so that you have the roms folder that came with the Replay with the new MAME 0.185 that you just extracted.

Then try loading something. Hopefully that fixes it.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Viper72
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Viper72 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Hi have done what you said above but still the same?

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:18 pm

Viper72 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 pm
Hi have done what you said above but still the same?
Hm. Can you clarify again is this just happening with just arcade games or also console games running in MAME?

Viper72
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Viper72 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:36 pm

Have downloaded multiple arcade games through dreamcade. when I select or launch one of them all I get is loading then a blue swirl then the windows blade flashes briefly at bottom of screen.
N64 etc work fine.

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:37 am

Viper72 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:36 pm
Have downloaded multiple arcade games through dreamcade. when I select or launch one of them all I get is loading then a blue swirl then the windows blade flashes briefly at bottom of screen. N64 etc work fine.
Okay so it sounds like we have narrowed it down to a MAME issue.

Hopefully this will help. I compressed the MAME folder from my Replay with everything except the roms. Try moving your entire MAME folder to your Desktop, and then delete it from the C drive and drop this one in. Then drag your Roms folder into it. If doing this does not work unfortunately I am out of ideas.

You will need 7-zip to unpack the download. You'll want the 64Bit version.