Sony Based Systems

If you have any trouble getting emulators to run properly then check here for help.
Talon

Re: PSX broken?

Post by Talon » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:19 pm

I could not even completely read the error message it came and went so fast. Did not delete any cfg files just tried to add an Arc the Lad box art to the snaps folder, but it did not work so I deleted that file. After that no matter what PSX game I try to boot it would kick me out of the Dream Arcade Menu and flash the error quickly. Does not make sense to me sense I did not alter anything that was already present on the machine. I have reached out to Support and they are helping me get it sorted. Set them the log file along with the content of the Knowngames PSX folder. I will post a resolution here.

CaptainJ

Re: Sony Based Systems

Post by CaptainJ » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 pm

CaptainJ wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:05 pm
A few PSP questions:
Any advice on this?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Well today, after a week, the screen finally went back to normal. But I am still not getting the PSP emulator to work with an 8bitdo controller. I can get it to work with an Xbox One controller but every other system on the replay works with my 8bitdo and I would like to use the PSP emulator with it as well. Has anyone successfully used the 8bitdo with the PSP emulator? If so did you have to change any settings to get it to work?
Last edited by WheatPasta on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post. Please do not quote entire post
Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

philipscd-i.com

animalx2c

Post by animalx2c » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:31 pm

not a big computer tech guy...
1.what is safe/ best website to download PS1 games? (is there going to be an update to get this set up so its like the other systems, (the "get new games") easy download way?)

and 2. once downloaded what would be actions to place them in files to be seen and to play on the dreamcade?
sounds like system likes to see zip files, but freezing, is that still going on and if not what is the fix?

Thanks

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:29 pm

animalx2c wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:31 pm
not a big computer tech guy...
1.what is safe/ best website to download PS1 games? (is there going to be an update to get this set up so its like the other systems, (the "get new games") easy download way?)

and 2. once downloaded what would be actions to place them in files to be seen and to play on the dreamcade?
sounds like system likes to see zip files, but freezing, is that still going on and if not what is the fix?

Thanks
Unfortunately, we can not mention named websites that provides roms.

And lastly, which systems are you referring to as "freezing" in loading screen? Certain roms must be zipped or unzipped, depending on which system you are playing on.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

mrmars
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by mrmars » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:46 pm

Is there a tutorial/how-to-guide out there showing how to get PSP games to run successfully? I've only ever messed with cartridge and mame roms in the past but i'm dying to play Powerstone for PSP (hoping it runs!).

I have so many questions i figure it's best to see if there's a guide already out there first.

Thanks!

animalx2c

Post by animalx2c » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:07 pm

As far as i know of and have been reading just the PS1. I've been playing nes, snes, genesis, commodore 64, 2600, and probably another few and seem to work fine.
thanks.
Last edited by WheatPasta on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote long posts entirely

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:08 pm

In order to play PlayStation 1 games. All roms must be unzip. The emulator known as ePSXe, does not read zip files. The emulator itself, can read various extensions like, .cue, .bin., .php, and iso.

The games itself, must be placed directly in C:\roms\psx or your designated new drive.

The system cfg for psx, is designed to find roms only. It is not written specifically to look beyond that.

The PikoGames for PSX, that came with your Replay, is written specifically for those few games.

So, all .cue., .bin, iso., php files must be directly in C:\roms\psx

Another member pyscho3495, has posted this

http://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=2895

To combine cue and bin files. To reduce multiple game entries.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

mrmars
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by mrmars » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:06 pm

Very helpful Mireille2015, I appreciate the work you're putting in for the rest of us.

Pillows

PS1 games no sound and slow

Post by Pillows » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:41 am

Last night I was playing FF9 and everything was just perfect. Now I go back in tonight to play again and the game loads very slowly and has no sound. Any suggestions?

WheatPasta
Loading…

Re: PS1 games no sound and slow

Post by WheatPasta » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:06 pm

Pillows wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:41 am
Any suggestions?
If you are using the stock front end it uses ePSXe. If you go to C:\emulators\psx you should be able to run the program exe. Once it comes up go to Config>Plug Ins>Sound. Then try disabling and then re-enabling sound. Under the configure button mine was set to 0 for the first drop down and 2 for the second. Messing around with these might help fix sound as well. Once you choose settings to try hit Ok. Then click File>run> iso to check to see how it runs. If it runs okay in the program close it and run it through the front end to check again, If not try a different sound setting.

For video slow down try the above mentioned steps. However this time doing so under Config>Plugins>Video There are a few different video plug ins to try. Hopefully one of them helps sort things out.

If you are using LaunchBox/RetroArch the Replay runs PS1 games best using the PCSXReArmed core. The other cores need more power and can lag on the Replay. However last time I tried ReArmed did 60 FPS with no sound issues on a few games I tried.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.