WP PC Game Testing Mega Thread

New games for download can be posted here. If you know of any games (free or purchasable) that run well on the Replay, then please share them!
WheatPasta

WP PC Game Testing Mega Thread

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:43 pm

The ultimate throw it to the wall and see if it sticks guide.

General
I wanted to start a new thread, and get started early on a 2019 new years resolution of mine. What is that you ask? Playing more games of course!

What is the plan?
I am going to make an attempt to play test as many games in my Steam library as possible. I will aim to get about 15 or so minutes in to check frame rate and play-ability

What are the tools?
I was at first using FRAPS. Then I realized that Steam has a built in FPS counter that you can enable in the settings menu. I have both running as FRAPS is easier to see at a glance, but it does not work for every game tested.

After some initial testing it seems like Steam Big Picture mode may be using a few resources. Thus for the sake of getting as much as I can out of the Replay I will be using the regular Steam client to launch games. It also seems that having more then one game client active in the System Tray will eat up a few as well. So I make sure that GOG Galaxy is closed before I test Steam games.

I will be using my Logitech K400 Plus to navigate and play for the time being. You can look at the Steam store page for the game in question, or you can Launch Big Picture Mode to filter games you own with Controller support. All games tested will be locally installed. I would recommend getting the HDD Bay off Amazon here for some extra space.

This will be a little bit of a daunting task as I have over 1,500 Steam games. I have a bad habit of buying cheap Humble and Fanatical bundles. This is of course on top of Steam sales for games I am interested in, and not to mention the voice inside that goes it's only $1 for X game. It does not look too bad. What have you got to lose?
Some games that look like they will obviously not run on the Replay I will skip, but I will try to test as many as I can. I will be turning down the settings as low as I can if possible to get the best frame rate I can.

What is the motivation?
My hope is two fold. First that this list gives gamers new games to try on their Replay, and second that playing PC games in general might spark them on a journey to dig deeper in to PC gaming in general. Perhaps even buy or build better hardware to experience games that the Replay can not handle.

Games I recommend that should run okay on the Replay I will try to remember to mark with *
I would like to keep this locked for now. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding PC gaming or this list feel free to PM me here or on Discord. Always happy to help in one way or another.
You can search this list in your browser by pressing CTRL+F , and then typing in the Find box.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

WheatPasta

Re: WP PC Game Testing Mega Thread

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Client: Steam

#

1954 Alcatraz Locks up when starting a new game.

35MM 15FPS

39 Steps Point and Click

7Days To Die 7FPS

911 Operator 45 FPS Dispatch simulator Longish load in time

911 First Responder Loads up, but game does not seem to progress De-listed from Steam

A

A(x25) !!! is for Awesome 60FPS * Base jumping

About Love, Hate and the other ones 50FPS Platformer

Absoloot Could not test. No single player

Acceleration of SUGURI 2 55-60 FPS Bullet hell

Acorn Assault:Rodent Revolution Crashes after launch

Afterfall InSanity 15 FPS

Aftergrinder 25-30 FPS Arcade racer feels unplay-able when it dips *

Agarest Zero 20-30FPS Battle animations turned off JRPG

Agarest: Generations of War 1/2 assumed same as above. Didn't test

Agatha Christie The ABC Murders 20-30FPS Point and Click

Age Of Booty SecuROM issues. Do not buy

Agents of Mayhem. Didn't test

Airport Firefighters 15 FPS

Airport Simulator 2014 Will not boot

Airport Simulator 2015 15-25 FPS

Airscape - The Fall of Gravity 40-45 FPS Platformer Controller recommended

AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed 15 FPS Audio issues

Alan Wake 10 FPS

Alan Wake American Nightmare 10 FPS

Albert and Otto: 30-40 FPS Puzzle platformer

Alex Hunter Lord of the Mind 55-60 Point and Click

Alien Rampage (DOSBox) 30FPS Side scrolling shooter

Alien Run 30FPS Possible in game music issue. Sound works.

Aliens VS Predator 20-25 FPS

Aliens: Colonial Marines 15 FPS

All You Can Eat 45-50 FPS Interactive Comic

Alpha Protocol Game Launcher loads, but does not do anything after Play is clicked

Alter Ego 100+ FPS 2010 Point and Click

Always Sometimes Monsters Could not get FPS to show. Lags slightly. Still a fun story driven game. *

Ambers BOOM 10 FPS

American Truck Simulator Didn't test. The euro version is one of my all time favorites

Amnesia AMFP 25 FPS

Amnesia TDD Didn't test

Ampu-tea 35 FPS Pretty interesting unique game.

Analogue: A Hate Story 45 FPS Visual Novel

Anarchy Arcade Didn't test. Gaming front end.

Ancient Planet 55 FPS Tower Defense *

And Yet It Moves 60FPS rotating platformer * Screen is windowed at first and acts up. Full screening fixes this

Anomaly Warzone Earth 45 FPS Reverse Tower Defense game.

Antichamber 35 FPS Trippy puzzle game

Anykey Simulator 50 FPS

Aquaria 30-55 FPS Seems to run at 1024X768 no matter what I select. No audio

Ara Fell 60FPS 960x720 Direct Draw 16Bit styled RPG

Arcade Craft 25 FPS Neat game about running an arcade, but lacks more to do after you get so far *

Arctico No audio and screen issues. Crashed while loading a new game.

Armored Animals H1N1z 45-60 FPS Twin stick shooter *

Asphyxia 25-55 FPS Visual Novel

Assassin's Creed 25 FPS no audio 3rd person action adventure with stealth elements.

Astro Pop 35 FPS No music. Custom cursor causes graphical glitches if not disabled. Puzzle

Atari Vault 60 FPS compilation of Atari 2600 and Arcade games.

Atom Zombie Smasher 50 FPS Reminds me of The Last Guy on PS3

Audiosurf 55 FPS Music

Avadon: TBF 60 FPS RPG

Avencast 5 FPS

Aveyond 3-1 LOT ? FPS RPG Seems to play okay, but neither FPS counter would show up.

Awesomenauts 30-45. Sometimes drops to 15 2D MOBA

Axiom Verge 99 FPS Metroidvania
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

WheatPasta

Re: WP PC Game Testing Mega Thread

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:39 pm

B
Back To Bed