WP Steam/PC Game Testing

New games for download can be posted here. If you know of any games (free or purchasable) that run well on the Replay, then please share them!
WheatPasta

WP Steam/PC Game Testing

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:25 pm

General Info & Notes

When testing keep in mind the Replay specs. While it is okay to test out games in the name of science (or as the kids say for the lolz) don't expect to have GTA 5 playable locally on the Replay. Replay specs are
Celeron J3355 @2.00Ghz with 4GB Ram, and Intel HD Graphics 500. (GPU info from ACEPC AK1 site) You can find a games Min specs in the Steam Store page of the game near the bottom.

I'll try to get a compilation video to go along with my text results, but for now here are some notes I am jotting down as I play different games. First just a general note that on the Replay Windows display settings recommend playing in 1280X720. I hooked up to two TVs and my PC monitor to make sure this was not my TV playing games with me, and they all came up the same. All games tested are locally installed to a 2TB Toshiba 5400 RPM HDD

I own about 1,200 games, but not to many of the most recent titles Buying games when they have gone on sale (Steam Summer Sale is coming soon), and not investing money in console expenses anymore got me most of the way there. So feel free to ask, and If I own it I will be more then happy to test it out. If I don't I am sure someone who does would not mind chiming in.

Also Keep in mind that if a game will not play locally that if you have a better PC in your house that you can use Steam In Home Streaming, and of course you can also use Steam library sharing to play your family's and friend's games.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

WheatPasta

Games That Work

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Aftergrinder 30FPS no issues other then having to exit and start the game a second time to get audio working

Astropop 30-35 FPS. Replay task bar shows optimal resolution notification because the game runs in 4:3> Trying to click it to dismiss it cause the music in the game to stop working. If you just ignore it for a few seconds it goes away.

Breath of Death VII 45 FPS during quick battle loads otherwise 60FPS with no issues.

Late Shift (A cool FMV game) 30-35 FPS no issues

LaunchBox (Emulator front end) There are three version. The original runs okay. The .Next is more optimized, and BigBox (Like Steam Big Picture mode) can feel just a little slugish in the menus. CPU seems fine, but it is a bit ram hungry at around 750-800MB depending on theme used.

Left 4 Dead 2 (I remember a user here asking for LAN party use) Tried Med/Low settings with mods installed 60-120 in menus 45 with no zombies on screen. 25 when spit on by Boomer At a quick back and forth in the first part of the first level seems decently play-able

Righty Tighty XL 60 FPS Has drops to 50-55 during game play, but not bad.

Taito Legends 2 (Non-Steam game) compilation of Taito arcade games. No issues. if you don't want to mess with MAME this might be worth a try.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

WheatPasta

Games That Don't Work

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Bit Trip Runner 2 Plays and keeps 60FPS, but has no audio even after a restart

Fallout 3 GOTY Won't even boot. A start up window with settings comes up recommending Med. I tried Med and Low. It says there is an update. When I click okay it tries to get me to download Games For Windows Live. I cancel the download and nothing happens. Same issue on my gaming PC

Flashing Lights Not Play-able (Yeah I know. I wasn't expecting it to, but in the name of science)

Nidhog 2 a little slow on low settings (CPU is a little to slow for min settings)

Pinball Arcade Can't get past table selection to CPU intensive

Pinball FX2 Tables play. However there is no sound, and the flippers are mapped to LB/RB on a 360 controller. The same as the on screen keyboard. This causes the game to minimize.

tomheroes
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Re: Steam PC Game Testing

Post by tomheroes » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:47 am

Don't know if you have them, but I would love to know how Pinball Arcade and Pinball FX work. Would be good to have some pinball games to round out the Dreamcade.

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:33 am

tomheroes wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:47 am
Don't know if you have them, but I would love to know how Pinball Arcade and Pinball FX work. Would be good to have some pinball games to round out the Dreamcade.
Steam says I have Arcade and FX2. Most likely the free tables. I am not huge into Pinball, but I would have liked to grab a few tables before they expire if they were cheap. (But they are not allowed to put them on sale) Anyhow downloading locally now.

The Replay comes with two tables. Octopus Island that seems to run okay, and Replay Pinball that is rather slugish. You can also hunt down the pinball table Space Cadet 3D that came with Windows XP online, and I would imagine Full Tilt! Pinball would work as well since that is where Space Cadet came from.

EDIT
Pinball Arcade gets to the table selection. (I only have the one) Then when trying to load it FRAPS moves the FPS a little in the menu a little up and down, but the table will not load. Task Manager shows Pinball Arcade killing the CPU.
FX2 runs. However there is no sound, and the flippers seemed to be mapped to LB/RB on my 360 controller, and this also brings up the on screen keyboard causing the game to minimize.

parrottm
Member Level 3
Member Level 3
Loading…

Post by parrottm » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:57 am

For what it is worth, I plan on testing my Future Pinball installation on the Replay. Future Pinball has much less hardware requirements than let's say, Virtual Pinball, and/or PinMAME, at least in my testing here.

tomheroes
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Re: WP Steam/PC Game Testing

Post by tomheroes » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:33 am

Thanks for testing the Pinball games for me.