Playstation One Game Testing

New games for download can be posted here. If you know of any games (free or purchasable) that run well on the Replay, then please share them!
GamingZ BC

Playstation One Game Testing

Post by GamingZ BC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:00 pm

I was wondering how does Mortal Kombat Trilogy on PS1 play Dreamcade Replay?
Last edited by WheatPasta on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title so that other PS1 testing questions can be asked here.

WheatPasta

Re: Curious how one of my favorite PS1 games plays

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:23 pm

GamingZ BC wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:00 pm
I was wondering how does Mortal Kombat Trilogy on PS1 play Dreamcade Replay?
I booted it up in RetroArch just to do a quick test. The PSX ReArmed core seems to play it well. For some reason I had to tap between Start and Select on my 360 controller to get past the into to the menu. After the match ends it freezes for a second or two, but I believe that is the game loading the ladder screen. Then it shows the ladder and goes on to the next match.

I suck at fighting games in general, but I had 59-60FPS through the whole first round. It was a candle level with fire and candles burning. I tried it with the other two RetroArch cores, but there was a bit of slow down and frame dips before even getting to the menu.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

GamingZ BC

Post by GamingZ BC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Ok thanks.
I havd always liked mk trilogy on ps1 because you can play as classic versions of various characters along with the at the time current versions.

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:55 pm

GamingZ BC wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:30 pm
Ok thanks.
You are welcome. I also forgot to mention that you have to exit the program that lets the controller move the mouse. It is next to the clock. I have changed the title of the thread so that others with PS1 testing questions can ask here. So that there are not single threads for each game.
Happy gaming.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Mud

Re: Playstation One Game Testing

Post by Mud » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:17 pm

Dreamcade should have no issues with PS1 games.
It has plenty of power for that.
The only issues would be on the emulator. ;)

tomheroes
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Post by tomheroes » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:07 pm

I have tried a handful of games that all work with no problem including Intelligent Qube, Super Puzzle Fighter, Monster Rancher, Crazy Climber 2000, Gallop Racer and Mr Driller. The only issue I have with the Playstation 1 is that it does not always recognize the controller. Often I have to reset the controls and sometimes they work and other times I cannot get the controllers to work. Not sure if this is a problem with the system or the emulator.

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:45 pm

tomheroes wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:07 pm
Mr Driller
I did not know there was a PS1 version of Mr Driller. I always played the Dreamcast version. Thanks for mentioning. Glad it runs well. I'm going to have to check it out.