Upcoming Rampage Movie

Occasionally we may post some polls to get feedback from the community. You can also post your own polls here, if you want.

Are you going to see the Rampage Movie

Poll ended at Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:59 pm

Yes! I'll see it in the theaters
15%
I'll wait for it to hit a streaming service/DVD
54%
No, I'll just play the game instead
31%

Total votes: 26

Steve
Staff
Staff

Upcoming Rampage Movie

Post by Steve » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:59 pm

There is a Rampage movie coming out this year starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson which is based on the arcade classic we all know and love. But interestingly enough they seem to have changed the backstory/lore. For instance, the gorilla does not seem to be a guy in a lab incident but a highly intelligent ape. Do you think it will be like the game (loads of destruction, eating people, holding the girl in the red dress for a high score), or much tamer? Do you plan on seeing it?
I'm Lank from California!

matt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming Rampage Movie

Post by matt » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Based on the trailer, I feel like they are just taking the core idea of the game (3 giant animals attacking city) and making a movie about it. I doubt they would include most of the details from the actual game.
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuFVQ7HCQAAbgpz.jpg

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:58 pm

matt wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:22 pm
Based on the trailer, I feel like they are just taking the core idea of the game (3 giant animals attacking city) and making a movie about it. I doubt they would include most of the details from the actual game.
After seeing the trailer you seem quite correct. I have a feeling it is going to be Power Rangers all over again. Something not horrible, but not great built to cash in on that thing we all love nostalgia.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

AWinnerIsYou
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by AWinnerIsYou » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:24 am

As a kid I used to dream about films based upon my favorite gaming franchises. Typically these were stories with interesting stories and characters. The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, StarFox, etc.

Hollywood seems to have a gone a different route, opting for titles with simple plot lines or, in the case of the impending Tetris films, source material that didn't even have characters. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised by Rampage... as a rental.

tomheroes
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Post by tomheroes » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:32 pm

Maybe if the Rampage movie does well, we will see other movies based on video games. Stuff like Altered Beast, Gauntlet and Space Harrier could be interesting movies. Just keep Uwe Boll away from them.

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:05 pm

AWinnerIsYou wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:24 am
Hollywood seems to have a gone a different route, opting for titles with simple plot lines or, in the case of the impending Tetris films, source material that didn't even have characters. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised by Rampage... as a rental.
I wonder if we will come full circle and get a game based on a movie based on a game.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Steve
Staff
Staff

Post by Steve » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:30 pm

WheatPasta wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:05 pm
AWinnerIsYou wrote:
I wonder if we will come full circle and get a game based on a movie based on a game.
Hate to break it to you but its already been done https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fi ... cade_game)
I'm Lank from California!

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Steve wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:30 pm
Hate to break it to you but its already been done https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fi ... cade_game)
Hm always learn something new

AWinnerIsYou
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by AWinnerIsYou » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:08 am

WheatPasta wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:05 pm
AWinnerIsYou wrote:
Ah! Like the Rampage mobile game based upon the Rampage movie based upon the Rampage arcade machine.