Activision Anthology Early Bird Special

Post here if you have support issues that are not related to the specific topics above.
enad2k
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Activision Anthology Early Bird Special

Post by enad2k » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi,

I am backer #358 and I just received my Dreamcade unit. I am very excited to start playing with it.

One thing I am curious about is the Activision Anthology reward that was offered to the Early Bird backers tier. I backed the Early Bird Tier that had the one controller and the choice of the Angry Birds or the Activision Anthology. I even received an email during the campaign asking which of the two I would like and I responded back that I wanted the Activision Anthology.

I know early on there were issues with Atari and copyright and such, so not sure if this is related to the Activision Anthology reward or not. I have seen unboxing videos of Dreamcade units on YouTube where folks have shows some sort of "Atari CD" in the box with their Dreamcade units.

For what it's worth, the addons sticker on the side of my Dreamcade unit has the Joystick option ex'ed and rightly so, I did receive a joystick since that was in the tier I backed. However, there is a number 419 in red ink on the sticker. I wil attach a picture. I wonder if by chance I received a non early bird joystick Dreamcade unit.

I did send an email right before posting this to the shipping@dreamcade.com email address. I also figured I would post here in case anyone has any experience with the early bird Activision Anthology reward or more clear information on it.

Thanks for all of your help.
Attachments
20180808_163142.jpg
20180808_163142.jpg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 192 times

WheatPasta

Re: Activision Anthology Early Bird Special

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:26 pm

enad2k wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:00 pm
One thing I am curious about is the Activision Anthology reward that was offered to the Early Bird backers tier.
I read your post, but you'll have to forgive me as I am not quite sure what you are asking.

From the review videos I have seen the Activision Anthology seems to be this game minus the case in a sleeve with a registration code on it. I own a copy of it somewhere, and If i remember correctly last time I tried to install it and play without the disc it needed a No-CD crack that I could not get to work. However like I mentioned the one shipped with the Replay has an activation code. Although I am not sure where you enter it as I did not get that myself.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

enad2k
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by enad2k » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi Wheatpasta,

I did not receive the Activision Anthology which was part of the Early Bird Tier I backed.

It was offered as a choice between Angry Birds or the Activision Anthology. I think only 100 Early Bird One controller with bonus game reward tiers were offered and when I backed the project I made sure to back the one with the bonus game.

I was hoping to see if anyone else who backed a similar early bird tier received their bonus game and if so, I need to follow up with Dreamcade about getting my copy.

You said you had a copy already. Did it come with your dreamcade or did you have it before hand? The activation code you mentioned. Is it for Steam?

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:20 pm

enad2k wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:55 pm
I did not receive the Activision Anthology which was part of the Early Bird Tier I backed.
Ah sorry I missread. No the copy I have I purchased years ago. To my knowledge it is not on Steam. I am guessing there are instructions in the package seleve will tell you where you have to put the code in, but I did not get a copy with my Replay.

As you mentioned your best bet would be to contact the email you mentioned. If you already happen to have Steam to hold you over until you situation gets sorted out you might be interested in buying The Atari Vault on sale for 4 dollars that activates on Steam. Using promo code SUMMER10 can get you 10 percent off. I think it is a one time use code. So you might want to look over at some of the dollar bundles and other games on sale there before you buy.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I hope your issue gets sorted.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

enad2k
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by enad2k » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:09 pm

Hi Wheatpasta,

I got a reply with a code and redemption instructions. So I will be good to go.

As far as The Atari Vault. Looks too good to pass up. I buy a fair amount from Fanatical. Thanks for the recommendation.

twenty8eight

Post by twenty8eight » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:01 pm

FYI - I was backer #145 and I received the TV mount and following discs in my box:
IMG_1519.jpg
IMG_1519.jpg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 160 times

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:40 pm

enad2k wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:09 pm
Thanks for the recommendation.
You are welcome. Glad you got sorted, and that you are taking advantage of a good deal.
twenty8eight wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:01 pm
FYI - I was backer #145 and I received the TV mount and following discs in my box
Glad it looks like you got everything there. I have never had the Atari disc, but the Activision one looks just like the one I have and mentioned above. The code should allow you to download it to the Replay, and if you put the disc in a PC drive you should be able to also play the disc.

However as mentioned to play without the disc in the drive you need a No-CD crack that I could never get to work on newer Windows.

enad2k
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by enad2k » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Ok,

Looks like I am reaching out to Dreamcade to inquire about the Atari and Activision Anthology physical disks.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:13 pm

enad2k wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:25 pm
Ok,

Looks like I am reaching out to Dreamcade to inquire about the Atari and Activision Anthology physical disks.
Be sure to contact them at shipping@dreamcade.com
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

cybrsage
Loading…

Post by cybrsage » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:32 pm

How early is the early bird special, as in what backer number should it go up to? I think I qualify for it, but frankly do not remember.