Deleting A Game

Post here if you have support issues that are not related to the specific topics above.
Lancied
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Deleting A Game

Post by Lancied » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:46 pm

I would like to delete a game in the arcade. How do I do this?
Last edited by WheatPasta on Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't type in all caps.

WheatPasta
Loading…

Re: Deleting A Game

Post by WheatPasta » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:34 pm

EDIT I don't use the stock front end much, and when I checked my back up file structure to write this post it did not have a C:>roms>arcade folder, but if yours does your games may be in there and not in C:>mame>roms

Stock front end
Navigate to C:>mame>roms delete the rom in question.
If you end up also doing this for console games navigate to C:>menu>knownGames and delete the system folder there to refresh the menu list. I didn't see any folders that looked like they would be tied to any arcade or MAME things in the knownGames folder, but I don't use the stock front end often.

LaunchBox
Click Arcade on the left side of the interface. Right click, and then click delete. Sometimes the game is still in your LaunchBox>Games> (System folder) so you might need to delete is there as well.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Steve
Staff
Staff

Re: Deleting A Game

Post by Steve » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:30 pm

Under the Settings tab, find Remove Games. This should pop up instructions on what to do on your controller. Hover over the game you wish to remove and follow the instructions.
I'm Lank from California!