Adding Joystick controls to Replay

Talk about anything related to software here. Got any suggestions for editors or tools that make the Replay even better? Remember, it is a full PC so it can do a lot more than just play games!
Alucard
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Adding Joystick controls to Replay

Post by Alucard » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi

I have the 8-Bitdo Arcade Stick. I would like to see it work on the dreamcade replay. But I can see that there is no support for it. Is there anyway this can be added as a feature in the future for updates?

Steve
Staff
Staff

Re: Adding Joystick controls to Replay

Post by Steve » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:31 pm

I'm not sure what specific arcade stick you have from 8bit-do but looking at it it should work fine. You probably just need to pair it via Bluetooth.
I'm Lank from California!

matt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by matt » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:04 pm

Alucard wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:12 pm
Hi

I have the 8-Bitdo Arcade Stick. I would like to see it work on the dreamcade replay. But I can see that there is no support for it. Is there anyway this can be added as a feature in the future for updates?
As long as Windows can recognize it as some sort of game controller (try "joy.cpl" from a windows run command), then the menu should also be able to work with it. I just added an arcade stick image to the list, so that it should be easier if you try to map it.
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuFVQ7HCQAAbgpz.jpg

Alucard
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by Alucard » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:06 pm

Thank you so much I will work with it within my replay

coinoptv

Post by coinoptv » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:08 am

I tried the 8-Bitdo Arcade Stick on my Dreamcade Replay - it recognized it and worked however there was lag - too much lag in fact -- felt very floaty. I tried playing some arcade roms and nes and decided to take the stick back cause of the lag. btw I was playing with the controller plugged in.

-Rob

sleepinglionarchives
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by sleepinglionarchives » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:21 am

I have the same stick, works great plugged in. Sorry to hear about the lag.

I'm having difficulty setting up a Player 2 controller, one that the unit will always recognize as Player 2 only.
When I set up a new pad, it seems to default to acting as Player 1. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:07 am

Try this,

Go to settings in the FE, scroll up/down to Change Player Order. Then input controllers that will be P1 to P4.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"