Add games not working

Talk about anything related to software here. Got any suggestions for editors or tools that make the Replay even better? Remember, it is a full PC so it can do a lot more than just play games!
Mireille2015

Re: Add games not working

Post by Mireille2015 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:43 pm

You should do a right click on all drives connected to your Replay. And check the storage space. Then download a large game from Retro Reload. Like killer instinct for arcade. Then check all drives storage space and see which one increased. Under C drive, have you checked documents, picture folder as well?
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Ddunn337
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by Ddunn337 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:04 pm

Nothing changed at all. I've even searched the rom name I downloaded and came up with nothing. It's like it isn't actually downloading at all

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:29 am

Ddunn337 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:04 pm
Nothing changed at all. I've even searched the rom name I downloaded and came up with nothing. It's like it isn't actually downloading at all
I didn't catch the picture so I am not sure what game you are looking for but if you grabbed Killer Instinct for MAME and maybe even console it might be named a little oddly since the Replay uses MAME and it looks for games to be zipped and named a certain way. For instance i believe Killer Instinct is something like kinst1d. I tried to glance around to get the exact name, but I could not find it.

Since you already tried changing the default location the only other thing I could think of is seeing if your front end needs updated, or perhaps open Google Chrome and clear all the browsing data. I think that the Retro Reload loads a page in Chrome in full screen mode
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:51 am

I'm starting to see more of this, where users lose the Retro Reload / download functionality.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

tifanyanne

Post by tifanyanne » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Yeah, I started having the same issue last week. It looks like its downloading but it never shows up in the menu or games list. Ive only used it for Mame games so far. I just deleted my full rom set since it was slowing the front end loading too much, and was just downloading the ones I actually play. Kinda annoying.

correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by correa81 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:21 pm

I've had this problem it just kinda fixed itself over time

sfbayog

Post by sfbayog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:52 am

I made changes to the system startup at some point a few months ago and the download feature stopped working for me as well. I had a post about it that didn't get any results. Knocked my head about it for quite some time, but I finally figured it out.

If the "runasadmin.exe" doesn't get used to start the menu, the downloader feature doesn't seem to actually download the files you choose, even though it goes through all the apparent motions without generating any kind of error.

Now I have my Dream Arcades Menu icon on my desktop launch the "runasadmin.exe" program instead of "dreamarcadesmenuv2.exe" and that seems to "re-enable" the download feature. (go to properties of icon and change the target application)

The reason I changed my startup was that since I have other apps / programs I regularly want to use on the computer, I didn't want the system to automatically launch the replay front end. I wanted to choose when to launch it.

Hope this helps people out.

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:18 pm

sfbayog wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:52 am
Hope this helps people out.
Nice find. I am sure others will appreciate this.

EDIT added your post to the information directory and gave you credit. Thanks again.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Ddunn337
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by Ddunn337 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:31 pm

Nice catch, im gonna try that as soon as i get off work.

Alpharius
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by Alpharius » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:43 pm

Did that work for you?
Nil nos tremefacit.