Batocera Audio

Talk about anything related to software here. Got any suggestions for editors or tools that make the Replay even better? Remember, it is a full PC so it can do a lot more than just play games!
jsawhite
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Batocera Audio

Post by jsawhite » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:20 am

Decided to try Batocera out on my replay instead of Win/dreamcade... It installed just fine. Controller and Wifi works without issue. However, I can't seem to get audio working via HDMI. There are a few tricks using the alsa manager that I tried but to no avail. Anyone have any luck on getting that to work? I'll keep fighting with it and update if I figure it out. but figured I'd see if anyone knows any tricks with the Linux based os...

Mireille2015

Re: Batocera Audio

Post by Mireille2015 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:17 am

I was reading on this. One of the suggestions for pc, is older than 2010. Have you tried output through the stereo jack?

Just reading the release notes, this front end is just using Retroarch and cores. So, I don't know why your having audio issues through HDMI output.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:38 pm

jsawhite wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:20 am
I can't seem to get audio working via HDMI. There are a few tricks using the alsa manager that I tried but to no avail.
I try to get Retro Pie working under Linux Mint on the Replay and I have some hiccups now and again. I'll have to look into Batocera and see what I can come up with.

The wiki mentions audio over HDMI is dissbled by default and how to fix it here however it looks like this might only pertain to Nvidia cards with HDMI out. The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is going to the sound manager , and then output. Make sure that HDMI audio out is enabled and selected. You might also be able to check for additional proprietary drivers.

*Going by my Mint machine. I'm amusing Batocera is Debian based.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

tifanyanne
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by tifanyanne » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:37 pm

I had issues with Botocera audio as well on my main PC - I had it installed on a SD card. I had to go into the audio menu almost every time and enable audio through HDMI and make sure that the volume slider was at max or it wouldn't work. Never did figure out why. Im using retropie installed through my Ubuntu desktop now ( on my main PC, not the replay) and have had no issues in the audio department so far.

Truthfully, I haven't even booted up the Replay in over a month now.