I'm more than disappointed with the replay

Community projects, New Games, Or other exciting news. Let us know here.
bony
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

I'm more than disappointed with the replay

Post by bony » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:13 pm

This thing has been a headache since I got it. Took hours to pair a sony ps3 controller. And it still won't work wirelessly. The front end constantly freezes and crashes. I still see tearing in games even after updates. N64 won't play because of a sound issue, it will crash and freeze the system so I'm forced to reboot. It's advertised as the last flashback console I'll ever buy. Well it's not even a console. It's a computer. And I backed a console. I don't want to go into Windows and troubleshoot every time the front end crashes. This product was falsely advertised and is more than difficult for the average gamer. If I wanted the hassle of tinkering to play a game then I would have built a raspberry pi. At this point I was sold a computer with faulty apps.

Mireille2015

Re: I'm more than disappointed with the replay

Post by Mireille2015 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:02 pm

Here is a link for Ps3 controller to pc

https://www.pcgamer.com/ps3-controller-on-pc-guide/

If you go to C:\MenuConfig. Open up the application. Check on both to resolve your issues.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Padrin0
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Padrin0 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:09 pm

bony wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:13 pm
This thing has been a headache since I got it. ...
Yeah, I am pretty sure you will not be happy with this thing (as its not a console at all). I had the same issues and more. I gave up on it. I keep thinking of that old saying "if it sounds too good to be true...". There is simply no "cheap" retro console.

Gary
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Gary » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:41 am

I couldn’t get rid of mine fast enough. Lost $50.00 on it but it’s not my headache anymore.

JohnnyPhantom
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Post by JohnnyPhantom » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:15 am

I wasn't a fan either, it was slow and clunky, and seeing all the windows stuff breaks the immersion of it being a console. also 3DO ran bad.. real bad. I also got my fair share of BSOD. I then said, heck with it, and wiped it and threw on Lakka, LOVE IT so much more now.

3DO runs at full speed (as far as I can tell) it boots fast, has a nice XMB layout, and very nice! Couldn't be happier that I ditched the default software and went with Lakka. The default lakka theme was nice, but I really love the "Systematic" theme.

Lakka made the box go from something clunky and tacky looking, to something pretty awesome.
Also, it's a OS/Software I can wipe and reload anytime I feel the need to. It bothered me having no way to restore the device to factory freshness out of the box

anyway, that's just my two cents

willhite50

Post by willhite50 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Hi i may be interested in running Lakka on my Dreamcade.. did you go with the Linux version or the windows version?

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:16 pm

willhite50 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:05 pm
Hi i may be interested in running Lakka on my Dreamcade.. did you go with the Linux version or the windows version?
I believe Lakka is only built on top of Linux.

On their website when you start it asks you to pick what OS you are going to be burning the ISO image on so that it can show you Live USB creation tools that work on your current OS.

You will want to go to this page and download the 64 bit version. Once downloaded you will should see Lakka-Generic.x86_64-2.1.1.img in your Downloads section. Now you will need 7zip to unpack it. Drag the Lakka-Generic.x86_64-2.1.1.img that was inside the packed folder you double clicked to your desktop.

Now download Rufus Portable. Plug a blank USB flash drive into your PC, run Rufus, and then press Select. Navigate to your unpacked Lakka img, select it, and then click start.
Once it is complete plug the USB drive into the Replay, boot, and tap the F7 key a few times as soon as it starts up. Press enter on your USB drive in the list, and then follow the on screen wizard.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.