Powers up but dreamcade menu doesn’t launch anymore

If you have issues with the Dreamcade Menu front end look here. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
Depooter
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Powers up but dreamcade menu doesn’t launch anymore

Post by Depooter » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:02 pm

Boots up fine but no auto launch. Clicking the dreamcade replay icon won’t launch either. No error message. Just won’t launch.
--------------------------------
Anyone?
Last edited by WheatPasta on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post

WheatPasta

Re: Powers up but dreamcade menu doesn’t launch anymore

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:18 am

Depooter wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:00 pm
Anyone?
Sorry thought I caught this before. The Replay uses a registry string to make it auto launch on start up. It is possible that string got corrupted, or if you backed up and then reinstalled Windows/front end you will loose the string.

To fix this you will want to take a look at this, and use DreamArcadeMenuV2 exe in the C drive. I believe under C\menu

You can also right click the MenuV2, then go to Send To, and click Desktop (Create Shortcut) to putt it on your Desktop and manually launch it from there.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

stamatko3
Loading…

Post by stamatko3 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:08 pm

I have same issue i didn't use my replay aroun a month and when i power up wildows load normal but replay menu didn't auto start and from shortcut from desktop and for some reason i didnt remember from where replay tells me that device is not register when i press on button to register nothing is happen and after that i found in C:\menu\machines\...\DeviceRegistration.exe because says me that my replay is not register i put my code and register sucesfull after that i try to restart system but again dream arcades menu didn't start i try this time from icon on desktop and program start after that i put it in startup programs in windows and now evrythig run normal but menu load little bit slower after this problem.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:43 am

The folks at Dreamcade are fully aware of the registration issues. The next updates that will be coming will address this soon. I know it's frustrating, but the guys are tackling it ASAP as they are dealing with holiday orders for the large cabs.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:08 am

stamatko3 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:08 pm
I have same issue i didn't use my replay aroun a month
Unfortunately like Mireille2015 mentions this is out of his and my hands. This is an issue server side at Dream Arcades. Also as mentioned while this bug is on their radar they are busy with full sized cabs during the holiday season.

For the time being the best course of action would be to install LaunchBox and RetroArch. Going this route is a little more work since it requires a small amount of set up. It also requires a keyboard and mouse or an application called Controller Companion to navigate.
However after putting a little bit of work in LaunchBox with RetroArch plays a lot more systems, plays them better, and is in my opinion the better way to go.

I have done a few videos of how to set things up on my YouTube channel here
I also have write ups about it in the FAQ section on the forum here, and if you need more help I would not mind walking you though it over Discord here
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.