Dreamcade menu not working correctly. Says "Loading..." on launch of entry.

If you have issues with the Dreamcade Menu front end look here. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
Chuck

Dreamcade menu not working correctly. Says "Loading..." on launch of entry.

Post by Chuck » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:36 am

When I got my Dreamcade replay I did Windows Updates, updated the Intel video driver, and updated the Replay menu via updater (to "preview" release 1.3 I believe, but I'm not sure how to check).
I installed a second hard drive via the attached drive bay (that goes underneath), paired a controller, and set the default save location to D:.
At that point I tried to use "Add new games" menu entry and it would say "Loading ..." and the menu screen would get darker but nothing would happen. I rebooted and tried this a few times with the same result. I'm not sure what happened, I might have switched from 1080p to 720p, or removed a controller, but suddenly it worked! Via add new games, I could navigate via the controller and download some "arcade" games. I downloaded maybe 3 games. Twice I was even able to run the games and they worked well.
Today after rebooting the system, nothing will run. Menu items like "Search for new games" say "Loading..." and the menu screen would get darker but nothing would happen. Same thing happens when I try to launch any of the "arcade" games that I downloaded (that worked before). It says "Loading..." and the menu screen would get darker but nothing would happen.
Is there an error log anywhere that says what is happening when I try to launch a game/emulator?
I did follow the forum FAQ to do the following:
  • Open MAME Application by going to C:\mame\mame.exe (application)
    Go to the bottom and click on "Configure Options"
    Click on "Video Options"
    Then go to the bottom and turn on "Wait Vertical Sync"
I wonder if maybe I broke something in this menu? Is there any way to get back to defaults? I don't know why this would impact "Search for new games" though.

Any help is appreciated. The only thing I can think to try tomorrow is to try something other than 720p 60hz.

Mireille2015

Re: Dreamcade menu not working correctly. Says "Loading..." on launch of entry.

Post by Mireille2015 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:14 pm

I do apologize. Are you still having the same issues?
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Chuck

Post by Chuck » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:42 pm

The problem seems to have gone away for now. I'm not sure why it happens.
Does the desktop resolution (set via Windows control panel) need to match the resolution specified in Dreamcade Replay UI/menu?

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:49 am

When setting the resolution from the UI menu, it automatically sets it for Windows.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"