Dreamcade front end no longer launching after last update

If you have issues with the Dreamcade Menu front end look here. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
Clukowicz

Dreamcade front end no longer launching after last update

Post by Clukowicz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:25 pm

Hi - I tried emailing Dream Arcades support on this 3 days ago and haven't received a response from anyone - makes me wonder if the Replay is even being supported anymore. I applied the last available update to the Dreamcade Menu front end over the weekend, and now it will no longer launch. I'm getting the error message shown in the screenshot I'm attaching - it begins like this:
Dream Arcades Menu unhandled exception: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00 is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1.
Towards the bottom of the message, it's referencing directories for a user that doesn't exist on the system.

Any help would be appreciated. The lack of response I've received from Dream Arcades on this leads me to believe this device isn't being actively supported any longer, and I'm stuck with a brick. If that's the case, I'm considering a RetroPie system at this point. This thing seems to blow up every time there's an update, and it's a real bummer when my family wants to play classic games.
Thanks,
Craige
Attachments
IMG_3167.JPG
IMG_3167.JPG (1.08 MiB) Viewed 1074 times

Mireille2015

Re: Dreamcade front end no longer launching after last update

Post by Mireille2015 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:13 pm

Clukowicz wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:25 pm
I applied the last available update

After reviewing the picture you posted, its either a config file or an XML document that contains the error.

Was everything original prior to the update? Have you modded or edit any files?
Be sure to visit WheatPasta and me on Discord. Where we can respond quicker and get you resolved on your issue quickly!