Dreamcade Menu hanging on start up

If you have issues with the Dreamcade Menu front end look here. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
visitorlizard

Dreamcade Menu hanging on start up

Post by visitorlizard » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:04 am

The Dreamcade had been working fine so I transferred all my mame roms into the arcade directory and now the Dreamcade frontend is stuck on the "Loading..." screen.

Help?

Mireille2015

Re: Dreamcade Menu hanging on start up

Post by Mireille2015 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:23 pm

I know the feeling. It was mentioned by Dreamcade to go into C:\menu\knownGames and delete all folders. Don't worry, they will auto populate again with your current games in the system folder. Dreamcade is working on this issue. It might help a bit, give or take.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Torgo
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by Torgo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:04 pm

visitorlizard wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:04 am
The Dreamcade had been working fine so I transferred all my mame roms into the arcade directory and now the Dreamcade frontend is stuck on the "Loading..." screen.

Help?
I have full rom sets for a bunch of systems... if i leave it on the loading screen it will take about 15 to 30 min to finish scanning the dir. I had to remove the mame set because it was taking way too long to boot up. Hope they fix this.

tequilatram

Post by tequilatram » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:18 pm

I might be replying to the wrong thread, but it is the only one I could find on startup delays ...
Is there a way to disable the scanning of roms after you have populated the known games the first time?

All of my roms are on a network share and won't change, but it takes forever to perform the scan each time the frontend launches.
It seems to me that you should be able to prevent the autoscan on bootup.

-Tram