easy way to plug and play controllers?

If you have problems with connecting or configuring controllers with your replay device look here. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
cromm

easy way to plug and play controllers?

Post by cromm » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:59 pm

I've wanted to use my replay but every time I get ready to play, the controller configurations are a pain in the butt and always aren't right. I select the controller in the options, but it doesn't just auto assign buttons and controls for some reason.

I have a XB1 with Bluetooth and 8bitdo Sn30 pro.

Is there a quick and easy configuration tool that just works without a ton of tweaks?

I got the replay for ease of use, but so far I've spent more time to get controls to work than actually play.

WheatPasta

Re: easy way to plug and play controllers?

Post by WheatPasta » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:13 pm

cromm wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:59 pm
Is there a quick and easy configuration tool that just works without a ton of tweaks?
Not that I am aware of. If you are having trouble configuring your controller try closing the Virtual Mouse application in the system tray. This will keep you from using the controller as a mouse to navigate Windows, but it seems to cause problems when configuring controllers some times.

The only thing I know that auto configures off the top of my head is RetroArch.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.