Stopped working in arcade

If you have problems with connecting or configuring controllers with your replay device look here. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
Rhees

Stopped working in arcade

Post by Rhees » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:00 am

Arcade was working fairly well until yesterday when I could still navigate through menus, but when I went into any arcade game, I couldn’t use select to add credits, couldn’t start any games that had credits, and I couldn’t exit any game either without force quitting or turning off the machine. I tried reconfiguring the controller to ensure they were properly set up. I’ve tried through multiple arcade games, all downloaded through the system. Using the replay controllers.
Tried going into n64 games and moving controller to the left moved the cursor right and couldn’t go back.
Not the most tech savvy, but getting a little frustrated.
Not sure where to go from here. Thanks in advance.

WheatPasta

Re: Stopped working in arcade

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:37 am

Rhees wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:00 am
Not sure where to go from here. Thanks in advance.
Something might have happened to your configuration files. I am not very good with them myself, but i'll ping Mireille2015 who might have better luck.
A work around until he can help might be plug a keyboard in, load an arcade rom, and press the TAB key. This will bring up the MAME settings window. Then go to configure input, and bind your controller.

For N64 you will need to navigate to C:\emulators\n64 and launch the Project 64 emulator. Then go to options, and click Configure Controller Plug-in. Now like with MAME go through and map your buttons. N64 might be a little harder since the original controller and Replay controller are so different.

Hopefully doing that will let you play some games until Mireille2015 can swing by.
Mireille2015 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:33 pm
EDIT Also forgot to mention that the stock Virtual Mouse application can cause some issues while playing games. The fix would be to close the program by exiting it in the system tray. However doing so will stop you from being able to use the controller to navigate through Windows.

If you plug in a keyboard/mouse, close the program, and it seems to fix some of your issues, but you still need controller mouse support check out Controller Companion here. It costs $3. However it seems to work a lot better then the stock included virtual mouse program.

I have a video that talks about it a little bit here
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:44 pm

I have noticed when the Replay has not been used for quite some time. It behaves erratically. Some folks reporting registration ID issues, Retro Reload not working properly. And my self, I notice some emulators not working correctly. When I reconnect to their server. Everything seems fine. What causes this, I'm not sure.

Maybe reconnecting to their server may help. But if not. WheatPasta is right. A keyboard may help to aide in reconfigure controls for Arcade roms. By hitting the tab button and input this machine. Or you can try to clean C:\mame\cfg2p folder. Clean out C:\menu\knowngames. Also want to make sure you have Replay config file in C:\menu\_da\controllers\configs.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Rhees

Post by Rhees » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Maybe reconnecting to their server may help.

Is there anything special I need to do to reconnect? My kids play the arcade 3-4 times a week so I feel we turn it on frequently. Not sure the server I’d need to reconnect to. I’ll grab a keyboard and work on the other issues you mentioned tonight. Thanks for the help

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:04 pm

Rhees wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:28 pm
Maybe reconnecting to their server may help.

Is there anything special I need to do to reconnect? My kids play the arcade 3-4 times a week so I feel we turn it on frequently. Not sure the server I’d need to reconnect to. I’ll grab a keyboard and work on the other issues you mentioned tonight. Thanks for the help
Is the Replay connected via wi-fi constantly or hard wired in by Ethernet? Any chances that any user might of accidentally corrupt or make any changes without your knowing? Do you have a back up image or back up folders in C:\ prior to this incident?

Edit. One quick note. Noticing any virtual keyboard popping up on the screen?
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Rhees

Post by Rhees » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:20 am

“Or you can try to clean C:\mame\cfg2p folder. Clean out C:\menu\knowngames. Also want to make sure you have Replay config file in C:\menu\_da\controllers\confi”

I don’t have that folder at all, so no, no config file in there🙂
Used a keyboard and tried to change the settings, but ran into issues either exiting or using the Buttons to start a game.
No luck getting the arcade mame to work cleaning the cfg2p folder. I erased the arcade files in knowngames and finally got it working- for the arcade.

With n64, went through the recommendation and still goes right with the left stick controller when pushing left. However, the d pad started working (which it never really did in n64 earlier). Keyboard doesn’t show up, but the mouse cursor now does only with n64.

I don’t have a backup, but if I need a clean start, a lesson will be learned. Always on WiFi. No keyboard connected and I doubt my kids could’ve changed any config files accidentally.

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Rhees wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:20 am
Okay let me see if I can help get you sorted here. First with a mouse and keyboard plugged in go to your system try and close the virtual mouse program. Next go to C:\Updater and run ArcadeUpdater.exe check to make sure you are on the latest front end. Now try to do the rebinding mentioned above. Sometimes having the virtual mouse program running can cause a small nudge or bump of the control stick to register as a key press during binding.

If you are still having issues the only thing I can think to do is dig out my stock controller configs and send them to you. i'll have to check with Mireille2015 and see if doing so would help or not since I am not sure how they work.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Djarra 74@gmail.com

Post by Djarra 74@gmail.com » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:23 am

I'm also having the same issue, running latest version of Dreamcade and windows is up to date. I've tried deleting the custom controller but there was nothing in that file to delete. The controller is able to move around ok in the Dreamcade front end menus but doesn't work properly in most games. Ive also tried the other replay controllers and they are the same, so I don't think its a fault with the controller hardware. The controller problems are cant add credits, cant move downwards at all and hitting both keys to exit no longer works. Very frustrating. Any help would be much appreciated as device is basically unusable now...