Accessory Recommendations

If you have problems with connecting or configuring controllers with your replay device look here. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
Choaf
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Accessory Recommendations

Post by Choaf » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Hey everyone just figured I would ask what everyone is going to be using with their replay after included or 8bitdo controller. Mainly I am looking for a cheap or good recommendations for keyboard, mouse, or anything else. Just like to see everyones set up.
In god we trust, all others must pay cash.

WheatPasta

Re: Accessory Recommendations

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Choaf wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:40 pm
I am looking for a cheap or good recommendations for keyboard, mouse, or anything else. Just like to see everyones set up.
I just ordered a Logitech K400 that is deal of the day on Amazon here. There are also some other Logitech keyboards and mice on sale, but this one gives you just about everything in one.
I found my old one, but the wireless receiver was missing. Just the receiver alone is around 10 USD. So i figured i might as well just buy a new set. Up to six devices can use one Logitech Unifying receiver

I also picked up one of these. A knock off 8BitDo NES30Pro. Sometimes you can find a coupon code to get it about half off. If you can find a code it might be worth a try, but for close to the actual 8BitDo price I would just grab the original
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Choaf
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Post by Choaf » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:43 pm

I will keep a look out for a coupon for that controller. I was looking at this for a keyboard mouse combo
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo Whisper Quiet Keyboard Full Size Multimedia Waterproof Keyboard Mouse for Windows Laptop Notebook PC Desktop Computer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077KPBQTJ/re ... kBbT5XYGYJ

I'm also looking at getting this harddrive.
Seagate Firecuda Gaming 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA 6GB/s 5400rpm 128 MB Cache Internal Hard drive ST1000LX015 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWRTRZU/re ... kBbE5MSNFZ

-------------------------------------------------
Which would you go with?
1. https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-500GB-Ul ... dpSrc=srch

2. https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-500GB-In ... dpSrc=srch

3. https://www.amazon.com/Blue-NAND-500GB- ... =SSD&psc=1
Last edited by WheatPasta on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post.
In god we trust, all others must pay cash.

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:41 pm

Choaf wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:43 pm
Which would you go with?

2. https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-500GB-In ... dpSrc=srch
I had a Samsung 240GB 840 or 850 in my main gaming desktop with no issues. I only switched it out for a bigger sized different brand that was on sale because I kept running out of space. It got moved to my main laptop and it now has Linux Mint installed on it. I Never had an issue, and the 860 is the newer and faster model so if I had to pick i would go with that.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Bootleghooch
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by Bootleghooch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:40 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the Logitech keyboard WheatPasta. I just ordered one myself.

I’ve used one of Logitech’s mice at work and haven’t needed to change the battery in over 2 years, so they had me sold with 18 months of battery life!

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:33 am

Bootleghooch wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:40 pm
Thanks for the heads up on the Logitech keyboard WheatPasta. I just ordered one myself.
You are welcome. Glad you were able to score a deal.

schafmatt
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Post by schafmatt » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Does anyone know if the hard drive bay is still available. I realize it is a little late but was curious if you guys think a third party bay would also work?

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:07 pm

schafmatt wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:00 pm
Does anyone know if the hard drive bay is still available. I realize it is a little late but was curious if you guys think a third party bay would also work?
A third party bay will not work. The only way I know to get a bay is to order through Amazon.it here, but the seller does not ship to the USA

schafmatt
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Post by schafmatt » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:07 pm

Do you guys think this will be available to purchase again?

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:42 pm

schafmatt wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:07 pm
Do you guys think this will be available to purchase again?
I'm not sure. I believe either Mike or Steve mentioned it is a manufacturing issue. Like perhaps they only produced enough bases that were ordered since the Replay was made to order, but based off an existing design (ACEPC AK1). So getting one through Dream Arcades might not be an option.

My best advice at the moment would either be to...

Ask a UK or EU member here to help you. Order the base off Amazon UK here. (You can buy things off .co.uk with a US Amazon account) Pay for it and for shipping to the members address who helps you, and then pay that member to ship it to you since the third party seller on Amazon won't ship to the US, or go on eBay and search ACEPC AK1. Go through the listings of sellers from China. Get in contact with one and ask if they are able to sell you just the base.

Outside of that I am not sure what else you can do.