Accessory Recommendations

If you have problems with connecting or configuring controllers with your replay device look here. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
Choaf
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Re: Accessory Recommendations

Post by Choaf » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:09 pm

WheatPasta wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:18 pm
Zee wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:00 pm
Choaf wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:38 pm
Got my harddrive in today
Nice! And quite pricey I bet!
They have been floating around $100 USD lately. It's nice to see the prices come down a little.
Other then a keyboard, mouse, hard drive, flash drive (Recovery), and controller I think most users should be set.
Yeah it was like right at 100 maybe a bit more not bad so i bit the bullet. I figure if its over kill and finally ever decide to build a real PC I can transfer it over and replace the one in the replay with a 7200 rpm model. Also here is a deal if someone is looking for a SSD I am not sure how the HP ones are if anyone has direct knowledge let us no good or bad.
https://slickdeals.net/f/11736335-250gb ... r-91-49-ac
In god we trust, all others must pay cash.

mileso

Post by mileso » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:58 pm

I just ordered a 2TB Firecuda for $79.99 from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1NHCZT

It is 7mm so it will fit easily in the enclosure. Also it is a "hybrid" drive with 8GB of flash cache that will store the most frequently used files so the performance can approach the level of an SSD.

I had considered an SSD but MAME 0.185 alone is 500GB and I wanted to be able to store everything internally.

Gary
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Gary » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:40 pm

I won’t be getting my replay until middle of July but I want to be ready to set it up. I bought the hard drive base and I want to be sure I get the right hdd to fit the base and connector. Would this drive work with the dreamcade base? Thanks for any info.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1NHCZT/re ... MSNFZ?th=1

Choaf
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Post by Choaf » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:12 pm

Gary wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:40 pm
I won’t be getting my replay until middle of July but I want to be ready to set it up. I bought the hard drive base and I want to be sure I get the right hdd to fit the base and connector. Would this drive work with the dreamcade base? Thanks for any info.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1NHCZT/re ... MSNFZ?th=1
Yes
In god we trust, all others must pay cash.

Gary
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Gary » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:29 pm

Thank you Choaf for an answer. Now i can buy it and not worry about it being the right one.

Retro_Master
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Post by Retro_Master » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:36 pm

Question, That usb type c tray attachment for the replay can't you find an empty one on ebay and just buy an hd for it or you have to buy the unit from DC? :ugeek:
Is mayonnaise an instrument :?:

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Retro_Master wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:36 pm
Question, That usb type c tray attachment for the replay can't you find an empty one on ebay and just buy an hd for it or you have to buy the unit from DC?
Unfortunately if you did not buy a HDD bay with your Replay they can be a little hard to come by. If you live in the UK or EU you can order one from Amazon UK here. However this is a third party seller that does not ship to the US.

Thus if you live in the US you will have to get a UK member here agree to buy and ship you the one from Amazon UK. The only other thing you could try is to find a seller on eBay or AliExpress that is selling an AcePC AK1 and contact them to see if they are willing to sell you a HDD bay separately. DreamArcades are not able to just sell the bay by itself.

Some sellers on Amazon and eBay are selling the AK1 without the bay. Perhaps they got all their stock with bays, and then who ever ordered one without they just took the bay off. Perhaps they have some laying around they would let go. Good luck.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Retro_Master
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Post by Retro_Master » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:42 pm

OK, I contacted the guy that's selling the ACEPC AK1 Mini PC on eBay and hope he can sell me one separate.
Is mayonnaise an instrument :?:

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:01 pm

Retro_Master wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:42 pm
OK, I contacted the guy that's selling the ACEPC AK1 Mini PC on eBay and hope he can sell me one separate.
Hopefully so. There are quite a few sellers on Amazon, eBay, and Ali. However I do not know who gets their stock from where, and if accounts lead back to the same top level seller or supplier.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

DarkSunDown

Wireless or wired keyboard and mouse recommendation

Post by DarkSunDown » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:03 am

What keyboard and/or mouse do you recommend to use with the Replay?

I'm thinking of purchasing one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Keyboa ... B00BALK9CM
https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Jelly- ... B06Y56BBYP

I used my Logitech G110 keyboard and Razer Naga mouse to initially setup the system. However; I don't want to disconnect these from my main PC and lug them downstairs every time I want to use the Replay and Windows 10.