Re: Replay Updates (Current v1.33)

Respond to official news posts here.
GEEKCHEAPLY
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by GEEKCHEAPLY » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:51 pm

The last Kickstarter update from Mike said there would be small bug fix updates leading up to the major front end update. However there's been no bug fix updates. It would keep people interested if we got small updates once a month. Just a thought.

Thanks Dream Arcades for all your efforts! (my kids are playing crash bandicoot right now and having a blast!) :D :D

GEEKCHEAPLY
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by GEEKCHEAPLY » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Can we get an update on the update? How's development going?

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:36 pm

GEEKCHEAPLY wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:06 pm
Can we get an update on the update? How's development going?
I have contacted team members to ask. However the holiday season is a very busy time for them. This is when most of their full size arcades sell. I have also recently checked my stock front end, and 1.33 is still the most recent update.

I expect that after the holiday rush things will get back to normal. If you are having a major issue unfortunately my only advice until then would be to use one of Mireille2015's guides to swap out MAME for a different emulator to launch from front end, or use one of my guides to migrate over to LaunchBox
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Alpharius
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by Alpharius » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:43 pm

My MAME for Arcade works just about perfectly - most of the time.

However, the emulator for SNES doesn't work well at all.

I can't ever get the controls to be recognized correctly - especially 'start' and 'select' not being recognized at all, so I'm 100% SOL on SNES games.

Which is the second reason I wanted a Replay, behind straight up Arcade!

Is there a good alternative SNES emulator out there that would work with .185 ROM sets?

Also, I hope a LOT of testing gets done with the next Replay update - rumored to be a big one.

I'm worried that it will mess with what does already work for me! :)
Nil nos tremefacit.

GEEKCHEAPLY
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by GEEKCHEAPLY » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:47 pm

Thanks for the reply wheatpasta. I wish DA the most profitable Christmas season ever!

As far as messing around with replacing the front end and emulaters, I don't want to goof things up in fear of the new update (when it comes) will apply correctly. Is that a legitimate fear? Or will the new update be an entirely new app?

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:19 pm

GEEKCHEAPLY wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:47 pm
Is that a legitimate fear? Or will the new update be an entirely new app?
This is a legitimate fear as replacing emulators in the stock front end can cause issues if you update later on. I'm not sure how exactly since I don't use the stock front end myself.

My best advice would be to switch to using LaunchBox with Retro Arch. Then use controller companion to be able to navigate Windows with a controller.

I have videos explaining everything on my YouTube channel, and you can also join the Discord for help.

I'd post links, but I'm mobile at the moment
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

sfbayog
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by sfbayog » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:04 am

Alpharius wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:43 pm
My MAME for Arcade works just about perfectly - most of the time.

However, the emulator for SNES doesn't work well at all.

I can't ever get the controls to be recognized correctly - especially 'start' and 'select' not being recognized at all, so I'm 100% SOL on SNES games.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I've not had any problems with SNES. When I changed controllers from the replay controllers to a new controller (steelseries stratus xl wireless) I had to remap. Have you done the front end "-change controls" option in the SNES sub-menu to see if the front end has the correct mapping for your controller? If not you can modify it there. I had to to try it a few times as its not very intuitive. ( would still like to see a digital manual for the front end, please! ) :P

It would be nice to get someone from the staff to give us a quick status update in the next two weeks. Have they actually stated that a major update is in the works?

I would like "favorites" to work. Right now it only seems session based. Can't get my favorite to stick. Has anyone gotten them to work for permanently?

Also I've discovered lots of games in the downloader (that's I had completely forgotten about) by just searching for certain keywords or just letters. For example: "galaxy", "turbo", "fight" "star", etc... Been great to re-discover what I had as a kid.

Alpharius
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by Alpharius » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:46 pm

Yes, I've done this - multiple times.

SNES continues to never work for me, it terms of the controllers.

Very frustrating.

Also, that occasional bug for me has returned.

I've changed NOTHING, and now, "START" and "SELECT" no longer work for me in MAME for Arcade.

Even after I attempt to remap the controls through the Dreamcade front end.

This usually somehow 'fixes' itself eventually, somehow.

Waiting for this to happen.

Again.

So I can use the Arcade MAME portion of my Replay again... :'(
Nil nos tremefacit.

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:19 am

sfbayog wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:04 am
(steelseries stratus xl wireless)
I own this same controller, and I ended up having nothing but problems with it unfortunately. In Windows using it with Steam was a nightmare. Buttons would not work, and it would not pair correctly. I had even more problems in Linux.

If you bought it off Amazon new for 40, and you are having issues I would return it if you can. Then spend a few more dollars on the Xbox One controller that has Bluetooth. They are currently 46 dollars on Amazon and sometimes drop to 40.

That being said if you can't send it back, bought it as a refurb for cheaper, or you'd rather keep it you can download the Steel Series Engine. This will allow you to check for firmware updates. Once installed take the batteries out of your XL and plug it into your PC with a Micro B USB cord. This will allow you to check and see if there is a firmware update that might help it work a little better.

GEEKCHEAPLY
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by GEEKCHEAPLY » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:55 pm

The CU Podcast for Jan 1st absolutely ripped the replay a new one. I still have hope though for the big update. DA should really try to do some sort of progress update on the big update, to get people excited, and prevent future bad press. Just a thought.