Urgent: Reach out to the Dreamcade community please

Respond to official news posts here.
halloweenman1

Urgent: Reach out to the Dreamcade community please

Post by halloweenman1 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:49 pm

Steve Harvey- “You have all of the programming worked out?”
Mike- “The programming, the electronics, all of that is worked out”
-Funderdome summer 2017.
It is now fall 2019 and nothing seems to be worked out.

It’s hard not to think that maybe the only reason you wanted funding to build this, was to create a cheaper pc option that you could use in all of your main Arcade cabinets. Let’s face it, that’s your “bread & butter” company (the cabinets) so this little side project (the replays) was only created to benefit your main sector of the company. Now that you received your funding and figured out how to manufacture it smaller & on the cheap, you left everything else in the dark.
Time & time again we get the same excuses “Well we just don’t have enough people at the company to update the product or backers. Well it’s the holidays so we have to shift our focus to the arcade cabinet sales. Well something happened and I had to step away....for months on end”
Each time there’s another new excuse. Trust me, I 100% understand that stuff does happen, whether at work or in your personal life but just remember that the replay wouldn’t have even come to be, if it weren’t for the backers to give you the rest of the funding. Let’s not forget the $100k prize money from Funderdome as well. Just be honest with everyone and check in every couple weeks, that truly would go a long way for any business.
I really hate to call anyone out but this is getting to the point of no return with the device. You have a community of backers that truly believe in your company and product, yet you don’t even bother to reach out to their concerns. From the internal fans breaking, power cords not working or programs freezing up, you have yet to reach out to anyones issues or even come close to fixing the addressed problem. Screen tearing is a common thing now and the controller configs still have major issues.
Just the usual once a year software bug fix with the tagline saying “Well the next patch should fix all of the above issues.”
However Mireille & Pasta have been amazing for taking the weight off of YOUR shoulders and trying their best to remedy most of everyones problems.
Bottom line though, nobody should have to purchase an item to then be told “just add another program to it like retroarch” since the intended interface isn’t working.
Could you imagine Sega saying this in a few weeks when they release their mini console? Of course not, right? Or any video game company, big or small.
That’s nothing against Pasta & Mireille either, because they truly are doing their best. They didn’t create the replay so it’s not their fault on recommending another interface option. It’s just not what everyone bought into. Sure we all knew that this wasn’t gonna to be a plug n play system but neither was it intended to be a “Do It Yourself” one either.
You rushed everything while in China and for what? Should’ve just delayed the whole project but instead we got an off the shelf, basic (hockey puck)mini pc with a broken software interface.
Like I’ve stated before, hiccups happen but when you just flat out ignore the people that backed you, then you are no different than all the other retro gaming Kickstarters that have unfortunately folded up.
Simply put, just reach out. Let everyone know exactly what’s happening otherwise you might as well just do a buy back program since so many are trying to depart with their device. I appreciate any solutions that may come in the future. I for one want to see the replays be a success for you and all of us that is part of the dreamcade community.

correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Re: Urgent: Reach out to the Dreamcade community please

Post by correa81 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:19 am

Don't waste your time they aren't gonna read this and there is no dreamcade community lol just move on like most did already

psycho3495
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by psycho3495 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:49 am

THis was their pathetic response on Twitter!
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (55.73 KiB) Viewed 523 times
Last edited by psycho3495 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

psycho3495
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by psycho3495 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:36 am

Dream Arcades Staff and or Mike please Inform all backers of this Kickstarter project when we will get the update and why is the long promised update taking so long. Then explain why we haven't been given updates on something that was promised to us 8 months ago. You Must do a better job! This is absolutely ridiculous. You haven't ever met a deadline you consistently fail to update us on what is going on. This is been my issue going back to last year when these things took forever getting to us. You promised an update that would address ALL of the problems and a year later have failed to deliver on this promise and we demand answers!

Thank You!!
Last edited by psycho3495 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by correa81 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:45 am

Well I guess it's official

RIP dreamcade 2018 to 2019

Djarra 74@gmail.com
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by Djarra 74@gmail.com » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:34 pm

Not a comforting sign that there are no official responses on this forum from the developers on any posts. Let's see how long the forum remains active. I think it's all over sadly. Hope they treat their arcade customers better than they did us.

OSUTommy
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by OSUTommy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:06 pm

I agree.. The fact that not a single employee of the company will show face in here is a very bad sign.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:41 pm

Everyone here has a valid point. It has been too quite. WheatPasta and myself have been helping folks mostly from the Discord forum.

Ive been busy with adding Emulation Station and AttractMode through the Dreamcade Frontend.

I have found a super easy way to add Retroarch as the main emulator for the Dreamcade Front End without compromise to other features. This can help out controller issues for some folks. For some users who wishes to use PS4 controller on the Replay. I have found that using DS4 Windows helps a lot.
Be sure to visit WheatPasta and me on Discord. Where we can respond quicker and get you resolved on your issue quickly!

mrmars
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by mrmars » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:37 pm

Dang, came here after months of being away hoping for some new info or an update. Guess i might as well unplug the Replay and box it up. Maybe i'll re-purpose it as an internet machine in my spare bedroom.

This was a true lesson for me to never participate in these kinds of kickstarter projects again.

Huge thanks to Mirelille2015 and Wheatpasta as you guys have supported me on previous occasions and i genuinely appreciate the help even if it was all for nothing in the long run.

Wish everyone the best. See ya Replay community!

GamingZ BC

Post by GamingZ BC » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:30 pm

Go to official board
a new update came out last week.