Re: Replay Updates (Current v1.33)

Respond to official news posts here.
GamingZ BC

Post by GamingZ BC » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:27 pm

Any other hints beside controller fix this update hopefully could have?
just curious.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:41 pm

GamingZ BC wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:27 pm
Any other hints beside controller fix this update hopefully could have?
just curious.

Ummm.
Here's a hint. I dont know. Lol.
Kidding
I noticed faster load times when a user has a ton of roms in their collection. And other cool stuff.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

GamingZ BC

Post by GamingZ BC » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:19 am

Lol
Sounds Cool I have TONS of games in my collection. I haven't noticed a slow down much. But that could be because all my games except for piko games that came with system are in harddrive thing. But still awesome.
Looking foward to it.
Personally I perfer the update gets delayed as much as needed to make sure its how you intended. Than rushing it and it ends up having problem.
Thanks for all you and ever in Dreamcade Replay team do.

Old School Gamer
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by Old School Gamer » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:23 pm

Fingers crossed that this update will include the ability to use the Xarcade Tank Stick with this system.

OSUTommy
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by OSUTommy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:35 pm

Old School Gamer wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:23 pm
Fingers crossed that this update will include the ability to use the Xarcade Tank Stick with this system.

Agreed! I just want a much more robust controller setup/usability experience. Can't wait for this update to publish!

sloanez526
Loading…

Post by sloanez526 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:20 pm

I put down my Replay almost immediately after setting it up and configuring it because it was not really usable from the get-go for me, and just kept waiting for a patch for all of my problems. I'd ideally be using it for SNES and N64 with some arcade games on the side. Off the top of my head, my major issues as of a month ago are:

- Cannot connect 2 Replay controllers (which I bought with my replay) simultaneously, only one of them can connect at a time.
- Controls not working at all for SNES even after multiple re-mapping/reconfigurations through the UI, mostly unresponsive and/or input delays, and no start/select buttons working. A good amount of lag on most games too.
- Extreme amounts of lag for all N64 games and big input delays
- Difficulty connecting 8-Bit-Do controllers (which I bought with my replay) without using the USB cable, and mostly unresponsive.
- Wireless Keyboard (which I bought with my replay) doesn't work at all, even after connecting with USB and installing drivers.
- Input issues/unresponsiveness with arcade games

It's a bummer because I paid a lot of money for all of this but it's simply not working. I've tried messing around with all of the emulator settings after experiencing these issues to see if I could remedy anything myself but to no avail. I don't have that many games on it at all either, maybe 5-10 N64 games, 10 SNES games, and 30 arcade games. Wish I didn't get all the extra controllers and stuff since they're not usable. Hopefully an update might make some of these items work, but I can't imagine it will get all of them. If it was only capable of properly playing a few arcade games from the get-go I would've saved $140 and got a raspberry pi with an XBOX 360 controller.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:38 pm

sloanez526 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:20 pm
I do apologize for your hardship and others who are also in the same boat. Myself and WheatPasta would like to help any way possible. If we can, let's start with

SNES and N64. What controller(s) is giving you the headache?

Replay controllers. Connection issues. This happens when multiple dongles are connected and multiple Replay controllers are fighting to link/sync with the dongle.

SNES 8Bitdo Pro Bluetooth Controller. The next major update corrects some of these issues.

Wireless Keyboard. I did not opt for this option, so I can't really help on this one. I use a Logitech wireless keyboard.

The SNES emulator has its quirks, and likes to be difficult at times. Specially with the SNES 8Bitdo Controller.

The N64 emulator also has its quirks and requires some variety of plugins for certain games to play.

Me personally, I have changed over 95% emulators to Retroarch. Retroarch gives the end user many possibilities to add more consoles and make controller config simple. I wish I could record my Replay, to show folks, how smoothly my Replay is running. I even have Sega Saturn running.

I'm an Arcade guy. Please let me know what games you are having issues with. Some roms do require additional bios to play. MAME is very picky.

The next update is coming. Yes, it's been delayed due to some bugs. But Trevyn and Alex are the only two programmers on the team, who are working diligently on the new updates. I hope this helps. Again, apologies to those who are still waiting.

correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by correa81 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:05 am

Mireille2015 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:38 pm
sloanez526 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:20 pm
I do apologize for your hardship and others who are also in the same boat. Myself and WheatPasta would like to help any way possible. If we can, let's start with

SNES and N64. What controller(s) is giving you the headache?

Replay controllers. Connection issues. This happens when multiple dongles are connected and multiple Replay controllers are fighting to link/sync with the dongle.

SNES 8Bitdo Pro Bluetooth Controller. The next major update corrects some of these issues.

Wireless Keyboard. I did not opt for this option, so I can't really help on this one. I use a Logitech wireless keyboard.

The SNES emulator has its quirks, and likes to be difficult at times. Specially with the SNES 8Bitdo Controller.

The N64 emulator also has its quirks and requires some variety of plugins for certain games to play.

Me personally, I have changed over 95% emulators to Retroarch. Retroarch gives the end user many possibilities to add more consoles and make controller config simple. I wish I could record my Replay, to show folks, how smoothly my Replay is running. I even have Sega Saturn running.

I'm an Arcade guy. Please let me know what games you are having issues with. Some roms do require additional bios to play. MAME is very picky.

The next update is coming. Yes, it's been delayed due to some bugs. But Trevyn and Alex are the only two programmers on the team, who are working diligently on the new updates. I hope this helps. Again, apologies to those who are still waiting.
How are the satarn games running?

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Saturn games run pretty decent. I use retroarch for emulation and use kronos for core.

correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by correa81 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Mireille2015 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:21 pm
Saturn games run pretty decent. I use retroarch for emulation and use kronos for core.
I'm going to wait for this so called up to happen and see if things are better if not I might as well go the retroarch route I never messed with a satarn before heard the emulation wasn't really good years ago