How do you get games?

This is the place to talk about games. Post a list of your favorites, discuss any upcoming games you are excited about, etc.
Alucardthedeadly

How do you get games?

Post by Alucardthedeadly » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:05 am

I don't really have access to a computer and I'm not very tech savvy. I'm looking for Nes Snes Sega games that really feel like the original. Any other system games would just be a plus.

WheatPasta

Re: How do you get games?

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Alucardthedeadly wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:05 am
I don't really have access to a computer and I'm not very tech savvy. I'm looking for Nes Snes Sega games that really feel like the original. Any other system games would just be a plus.
Check out DrewTalks video here at around 7:20 he explains how it works.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Alucardthedeadly

Post by Alucardthedeadly » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:26 pm

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking to find out about. Cannot wait to get mine!

ralphazham

Post by ralphazham » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:03 pm

Thank, but how could that be legal?

matt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by matt » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:00 pm

ralphazham wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Thank, but how could that be legal?
Our search tool provides you with a much easier way to search for games. The downloads are offered by other sites, including the Internet Archive, and are accessible through Google searches. As for downloading, there's no case law on using ROMs for personal use. However, The Internet Archive has offered them online for several years without issue, so it seems their lawyers feel it's fair use, and that's where we point people for adding new games.

Here's a nice article talking about a lot of the different legal aspects of emulation and ROMs.
Is Downloading Retro Video Game ROMs Ever Legal?
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuFVQ7HCQAAbgpz.jpg

ralphazham

Post by ralphazham » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:46 am

Thank for your answer, but Internet Archive has a DMCA exemption and the article says it is illegal to share roms, that why Internet Archive has blocked access to a lot of roms. So they don't like that some people download ROMs from their servers. There is also the problem of the BIOS used by MAME.

Jose

Post by Jose » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:41 am

Hello im looking for a rom marvel vs capcom 2 on arcade that works ok , can some one help me ..?

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:14 am

Jose wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:41 am
Hello im looking for a rom marvel vs capcom 2 on arcade that works ok , can some one help me ..?
We would like to play it safe here and not mention where to get roms. I can only mention to use the Retro Reload on the front end. If you grabbed a version from there and it does not work there are usually different versions of the same game. (Like a revision, or a version from a different region both for 185) Sometimes one of these versions is supported better then another in MAME.

If you getting the rom from out side of the Retro Reload you need to make sure it is for the 0.185 version of MAME. Miss-matching your MAME exe version with a different version set of roms will cause issues. Some people recommend just getting the entire MAME 0.185 rom set
If you are still having trouble you might want to look into and try the Dreamcast version of Marvel VS Capcom 2
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Lone Wolf
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by Lone Wolf » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:06 pm

Good luck finding most of the games you want. I have looked for many games by searching for them on the dreamcade only to find that the system I am searching that game for is not available..example looked for NFL Blitz for the Playstation only to find it on Arcade only. Have search for other PS1 games and never find them but find them in gameboy or arcade only. This thing just isnt what it is suppose to be nor has it lived up to its hype.

Mike

Alucardthedeadly wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:05 am
Last edited by Mireille2015 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added the missing bracket for quote

LtMunst
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by LtMunst » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:27 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:06 pm
Good luck finding most of the games you want. I have looked for many games by searching for them on the dreamcade only to find that the system I am searching that game for is not available..example looked for NFL Blitz for the Playstation only to find it on Arcade only. Have search for other PS1 games and never find them but find them in gameboy or arcade only. This thing just isnt what it is suppose to be nor has it lived up to its hype.

Mike
They never said Playstation was going to be included. It is not on any of the lists of emulators that were launching with this product. It was mentioned that the hardware could support PS1, but the team was very clear that it would not be included in the initial launch...