Playstation and Gamecube games

This is the place to talk about games. Post a list of your favorites, discuss any upcoming games you are excited about, etc.
Lauracario
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Re: Playstation and Gamecube games

Post by Lauracario » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:33 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:02 pm
Rudy,
I have tried to find several Playstation games for this dreamcade but all I find is Gameboy or Arcade games for the actual game title that I search for, for Playstation 1. As for the gamecube, good luck finding anything on this replay. IMO this dreamcade replay was more hype than it delivers. To me this was the biggest waste of money I ever spent. Unless you know how to use emualtors there is no service that shows hows to install or use them. According to the original showing of this thing on Funderdome this was suppose to be able to find and download any game for any system only it doesnt. N64 games dont even play right on it let alone be able to map the controller to the actual button layout. To me it is just plain old junk.

Mike
Hi Mike,
Bummer that your experience has been so negative. It's been frustrating for me but its because of my lack of computer skills vs. the Replay itself. So far I love it, I just need to figure out what to do with the files I download since I don't have experience with emulators. My motivation is trying to figure this out for my son so I haven't given up, definitely time consuming though. If you have the time, take a look on YouTube, there's plenty of videos. You will have to watch a few because there's a lot of differences across the videos which again leads to the frustration. With that being said, good luck. If I figure it out, ill pass the information on.

Rudy

Gary
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Gary » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:45 am

Mike your best bet is get rid of it wile you can.

Everett1954
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Everett1954 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:04 am

I really don't understand why everyone is having such a difficult time with this. I am 64 do not have a computer degree yet I was easily able to get my system up and running. If you can read, follow instructions and watch some you tube videos you should have no problem running just about anything.

I have everything from old school Astrocade and Channel F to Gamecube and Dreamcast playing great on my Replay.

I have had zero problems with my system. You can get a lot of games right from the included Retro Reload. (see add games) it works flawlessly. it a couple seconds download you will have a working game.

As far as Tearing etc. Upgrade Windows, Intel Drivers and The Replay Software..all easy to do. Also the moderators are very helpful in answering any questions and giving help. I see a lot of whining and complaining and very few actual questions for help with actual problems. Try asking questions to your problems and you will get answers.

I agree it requires more work then "Plug and Play" but it also does so much more than "Plug and Play" systems currently available. ( Example you cannot play Dreamcast or Gamecube on a raspberry pie or Flashback)

Rmaclee76

Post by Rmaclee76 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:33 am

If you dont mind me asking, I am fairly unknowledgable to Windows I have always used and owned Apple.
My question, could you explain or point to the direction, so that I can add BallY Astrocade on my Dewamcade Replay.

Thank You

Randy

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:02 am

Rmaclee76 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:33 am
If you dont mind me asking, I am fairly unknowledgable to Windows I have always used and owned Apple.
My question, could you explain or point to the direction, so that I can add BallY Astrocade on my Dewamcade Replay.

Thank You

Randy
Since Astrocade is already setup in Replay, just place the roms directly in C:\roms\atrocade. Make sure the roms are in zip format for MAME to read properly.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"