Playing XBox One games on the Replay

This is the place to talk about games. Post a list of your favorites, discuss any upcoming games you are excited about, etc.
psycho3495
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Playing XBox One games on the Replay

Post by psycho3495 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:41 pm

You can do this using Game streaming. This will work on any Windows 10 machine which is the OS that runs on they Replay. Preinstalled in Windows 10 is an Xbox app that will connect to your XBOX One console and allow you to play it using your Window 10 machine. I have tested this on the Replay and it works just fine. To use it make sure you have an XBOX One controller connected to the Replay, XBOX One console connected to your home wireless network, and you will need an XBOX Live account.

1. From the start menu scroll all the way down the menu until you reach the X section and you will see the Xbox Icon. Click on it.
2. You will be asked for your XBOX Live account information.
3. On the left side of the screen look for the Connection Icon. It't the next to last icon on the left side. and it will search for your XBOX. Just make sure its connected.
4. After it's connected you will be able to play the games from your Replay.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

WheatPasta

Re: Playing XBox One games on the Replay

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:36 am

psycho3495 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:41 pm
you will need an XBOX Live account.
Do you need Gold to be able to do this? I might dig out my Xbox One and stream some sunset overdrive. However I have not touched it in years, and surely my subscription is expired.
Thanks for mentioning. I didn't even know this was a thing.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

psycho3495
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Re: Playing XBox One games on the Replay

Post by psycho3495 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:07 am

Yeah, it doesn't have to be a gold account, I have just a basic account. I discovered this when I was trying to figure something out in windows. I am surprised they don't tell people about this, because it's pretty cool. It streams through your network. Of course results vary depending on how good your network router is. lol