Future BlueStacks 4 implementation?

What emulators do you like best? Know any tips to make them run even smoother? Share your thoughts about emulators here!
B-Man
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Future BlueStacks 4 implementation?

Post by B-Man » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:14 pm

I was wondering how many people would want Android emulation built into the Dreamcade Replay's menu? And whether it's even possible for them to add it to the menu? BlueStacks 4 was just released. I plan to test it on my Dreamcade Replay tonight. What are people's thoughts? What games should I test?

Steve
Staff
Staff

Re: Future BlueStacks 4 implementation?

Post by Steve » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Were you able to test this out? How did it go?
I'm Lank from California!

B-Man
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by B-Man » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance yet. I spent the extra time I had recently getting Launchbox up and running on my Replay. I may have time tonight or tomorrow to check it out. All this is pretty new to me, since I'm a Mac guy. This is the first PC I've touched in 14+ years, so the basic windows stuff many of you are used to takes me a little longer.

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:02 pm

B-Man wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:14 pm
What are people's thoughts?
Steve wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:50 pm
Were you able to test this out?
Sorry to dig up such an old post, but I have been meaning to mention I installed BlueStacks 4 awhile ago. I tried some video apps like YouTube and Pluto TV. They seemed to run fine, but you can watch them in a browser. Unfortunately I tried Flow Free which was playable, but it was a little slugish. I then tried Rider and it was a mess.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:28 pm

Was it slow due to the app or hardware issues?
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Mireille2015 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:28 pm
Was it slow due to the app or hardware issues?
I'm assuming that it was due to the limited power of the Replay since video applications
and browsing seem to run fine.

However the specs I could find for BlueStacks 4 only mention "Your PC must have 2GB of RAM/main memory. (Note that having 2GB or more disk space is not a substitute for RAM)"
Points for the tee hee I got out of Note that having 2GB or more disk space is not a substitute for RAM

Until I get around to checking it out a little more I can only recommend it if you want to run an Android only video app. At some point I would like to test Phoenix OS installed natively
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.