SNES button configs

What emulators do you like best? Know any tips to make them run even smoother? Share your thoughts about emulators here!
sleepinglionarchives
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

SNES button configs

Post by sleepinglionarchives » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:09 am

Hi!
I'm having trouble with button configurations. The Replay doesn't remember them for the majority of its emulators.
For the SNES once I enter the games list I have the option to configure my controller (I use a PS4 pad and an 8bitdo SNES 30 Pro) and it seems to log my desired inputs for each button press. But when I enter a game, it's already forgotten them, the START and SELECT in particular, and the emulator by default has them mapped to DOWN. If I press Esc and bring up the menu options for the emulator itself, I can properly map the controller and get back to business. But it only recalls my configuration until I leave the game and must be retold every time I start up another that I want the pause button to be something besides DOWN.
Will the button mapping issues be addressed in future updates? Remembering my configurations seems buggy for every emulator on the Replay in some fashion and I do not understand why when I configure a controller from the main Replay screen my prefs are not saved. Thank you!

Mireille2015

Re: SNES button configs

Post by Mireille2015 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:33 pm

Are you still having issues on this? I found a way to fix this issue.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:43 pm

sleepinglionarchives wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:09 am
(I use a PS4 pad and an 8bitdo SNES 30 Pro)
Just wanted to ping you so that you could see the post and get back to Mireille2015 if you still need help. I also wanted to mention that the PS4 controller uses Direct Input, and Windows has issues with it nativity. You will want to look at installing something like DS4Windows or DS4Tool
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

sleepinglionarchives
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by sleepinglionarchives » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:13 am

Mireille2015 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:33 pm
Are you still having issues on this? I found a way to fix this issue.
Hello! I am still having issues. Apologies, I've not visited the forum for a while

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:29 pm

sleepinglionarchives wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:13 am
Hello! I am still having issues
I forgot to mention it might also help updating the firmware on your 8Bitdo. You can find firmware updates here
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:41 pm

There is a bug issue. Hopefully, the update coming in February will resolve this.

I learned the hard way when I was helping @Alpharius.

Alpharius
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by Alpharius » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:25 pm

And help me he certainly did - thank you BIGTIME Mireille2015!!!
Nil nos tremefacit.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:44 pm

Alpharius wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:25 pm
And help me he certainly did - thank you BIGTIME Mireille2015!!!

Yes sir!!!

AWinnerIsYou
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by AWinnerIsYou » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:26 pm

I am having an issue as well. From the main Replay menu I am able to successfully map SNES actions to my HORI Nintendo Switch Real Arcade Pro V Hayabusa Fight Stick (for Switch and PC, though Macs dig it as well). It is a corded option plugged directly into a USB port. But when I start up the stock SNES emulator, the button configs no longer apply. If I press Esc and use the emulator's own button config setup, it seems to allow me to map the buttons properly, but when I go back into the game it still maps B, A, Y and X improperly. In a title like Super Mario All-Stars, both A and B will make you jump when one should be dashing. I experience a similar issue with PS4 controllers. I was wondering if other users are having this issue. I am able to map and keep the bindings just fine on other emulators such as NES and MAME. Thank you!