The mSATA slot in the dreamcade.......

All the megabytes you can eat! Discuss anything related to hardware right here. Got a cool gaming rig you want to show off? Is green better than red? How's that case mod coming along?
NIVO
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

The mSATA slot in the dreamcade.......

Post by NIVO » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:53 pm

what is the exact variant of this slot? There are several types about and I'd like to know more info about it. Thanks.

WheatPasta

Re: The mSATA slot in the dreamcade.......

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:20 pm

NIVO wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:53 pm
what is the exact variant of this slot? There are several types about and I'd like to know more info about it. Thanks.
I am not sure what the types are, but I hope a picture of it helps
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

parrottm
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by parrottm » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:01 am

What you are looking for is what many call the 'half size' mSata cards with two screw holes. Now, it is difficult, if not impossible to find anything but the half-size mSata cards with the two screw mount holes at the rear of the card. These cards will all be the ones that are around 50.8 to 50.95 mm in length. Here is a good, easy description: https://searchstorage.techtarget.com/de ... tate-drive

matt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by matt » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:09 am

parrottm wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:01 am
What you are looking for is what many call the 'half size' mSata cards with two screw holes.
It's actually full-size. The half-size is even smaller, around 27mm or so.
m.2 and msata sizes

In general, there should only be two common mSATA sizes you would find available for purchase.
The Replay uses the full-size one, around 51mm as parrottm mentioned.
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuFVQ7HCQAAbgpz.jpg