Memory solution?

All the megabytes you can eat! Discuss anything related to hardware right here. Got a cool gaming rig you want to show off? Is green better than red? How's that case mod coming along?
correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Memory solution?

Post by correa81 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:24 pm

With all the windows updates and driver updates and my PC games installed I'm running out of internal memory like most on here is there a solution to the memory situation because those windows and drivers updates aren't gonna stop anytime soon

Mireille2015

Re: Memory solution?

Post by Mireille2015 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:04 am

My best advice is, delete all PikoGames in C drive. You can free up some space there. Clean all system folders in C:\roms. Clean up download folders and trash bin.

I have about 12.5 GB of free space.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:13 am

correa81 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:24 pm
is there a solution to the memory situation
The only things you can do are to either make room like Mireille2015 mentions, pick up a drive bay since they are now in stock on Amazon here, or buy an mSATA drive (like this) to install Windows on with the Windows Media Creation Tool.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by correa81 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:31 pm

Thanks for the advice guys

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:20 pm

correa81 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:31 pm
Thanks for the advice guys
No problem. Mine is a little decked out. I have the Dogfish 128GB mSATA installed. I then used the Windows Media Creation Tool to install Windows 10. The license key should be tied to the motherboard so it should register with no issues.

Then I keep all my games on a 2TB hard drive in the bay. The only thing is I use LaunchBox and Steam so I never moved my front end over (It won't boot now anyway because of the key issue)

So if you are looking to really dig into it I think that would be the best way to go if you have the budget to do so. You could also save a little bit by using a 64GB MSATA if you are going to only install Windows on it, and then put all the games on a drive in the bay.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.