Member Level 1

Re: Replay Updates (Current v1.33)

Post by sfbayog » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:25 am

WheatPasta wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:19 am
sfbayog wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:04 am
(steelseries stratus xl wireless)
I own this same controller, and I ended up having nothing but problems with it unfortunately. In Windows using it with Steam was a nightmare. Buttons would not work, and it would not pair correctly. I had even more problems in Linux.

If you bought it off Amazon new for 40, and you are having issues I would return it if you can. Then spend a few more dollars on the Xbox One controller that has Bluetooth. They are currently 46 dollars on Amazon and sometimes drop to 40.

That being said if you can't send it back, bought it as a refurb for cheaper, or you'd rather keep it you can download the Steel Series Engine. This will allow you to check for firmware updates. Once installed take the batteries out of your XL and plug it into your PC with a Micro B USB cord. This will allow you to check and see if there is a firmware update that might help it work a little better.
Hey there, I actually like these controllers. I bought one at Target for $30 and 2 months later found one on sale on ebay for $15. It was difficult to install the first time, but after I found the steel series engine and did the firmware update and followed their directions for installing, I've been able to get them work with most things I've tried. I have enough PC experience to work my way around most problems, so these were relatively easy to get working for me. For me the trick was uninstalling the way they were paired the first time and re-installing after the firmware update following the stratus forum directions.

Here's the link for reference in case anyone else got one of these recently on sale:

https://support.steelseries.com/hc/en-u ... ontroller-

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 am

sfbayog wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:25 am
Here's the link for reference in case anyone else got one of these recently on sale:

https://support.steelseries.com/hc/en-u ... ontroller-
Thanks for the link. I'll have to double check mine, but I checked the firmware a few times, and it said I did not have any updates. I even made sure to grab the most recent SSE when I checked a few weeks ago. In Steam Big Picture the buttons around where the Xbox button would be on a Microsodt controller don't seem to work correctly for me unless I just got a dud. I also sometimes see it listed in Steam Big Picture mode as an Xbox 360 controller, and other times I see it listed as a Steel Series controller.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

sfbayog
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by sfbayog » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:34 am

I don't use STEAM much, but I did buy the Sega genesis library when it was on sale a few months back as well as sonic CD and for the holidays that just passed, I purchased the Atari library and Cuphead even though the min. requirements seem more than the Replay. I've only just started playing Cuphead, but it seems to be running ok in the resolution I'm running. (1360x768). What an artistically beautiful game, the attention to period details impresses me, I didn't need to do anything with the controllers. STEAM says I have an unregistered 360 controller, the only box I checked myself was the generic controller, everything else is unchecked. I honestly didn't even know STEAM had controller settings 'til you mentioned it in your earlier post. I figured it would just grab what the system has setup the way its supposed to.

I was also able to get an old PC copy of Outrun 2006 to work with these controllers without any setup. Pretty cool game.

Make sure you remove the steel series controllers completely before you run those update steps. (I had to do it twice - 1st time I just unpaired them, that didn't work, remove them all the way)

And also I'm happy to report that I've finally was able to install some gcube games and the one I tried ran just fine. (Using the replay front end)

GamingZ BC

Post by GamingZ BC » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:57 pm

sfbayog wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:34 am
And also I'm happy to report that I've finally was able to install some gcube games and the one I tried ran just fine. (Using the replay front end)
What games?
So far the games I have tried don't work well.Rouge Leader is EXTREMELY Choppy through both Retro Arch and Replay front end. Also Star Fox Adventures is fine at first but EXTREMELY choppy on Replay front end and on Retro Arch it crashes the Retro Arch front end.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm

Was this ever resolved? If not, let me know.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

OSUTommy
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by OSUTommy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:26 pm

Is there any info on the expected release date of the major system overhaul? I'm waiting.. patiently!

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:47 pm

OSUTommy wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:26 pm
Is there any info on the expected release date of the major system overhaul? I'm waiting.. patiently!

Another update was posted on the Kickstarter page.

Here you go!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... e-them-all
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by correa81 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:22 am

Mireille2015 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:47 pm
OSUTommy wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:26 pm

Another update was posted on the Kickstarter page.

Here you go!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... e-them-all
What's the latest on the update ?

Steve
Staff
Staff

Post by Steve » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:18 pm

Nothing just yet, we did have a wrench thrown into the mix which might delay the update a bit. That said we should have more on this soon.
I'm Lank from California!

Darksquall22

Post by Darksquall22 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:41 pm

When should we expect to see this update?