Forgotten Worlds Gold was just released!

Community projects, New Games, Or other exciting news. Let us know here.
B-Man
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Forgotten Worlds Gold was just released!

Post by B-Man » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:27 pm

The creator's of CoinOPS for the Original Xbox just released Forgotten Worlds Gold for PC. It's basically CoinOPS for PC preloaded with games. I'd post a link, but since it comes with Roms, I probably can't. Just Google it. It's supposed to run on lower spec systems, so It may work on the Dreamcade.

NIVO
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Re: Forgotten Worlds Gold was just released!

Post by NIVO » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:26 pm

just took a peek, apparently they are using RetroFE as the base of the setup

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:46 pm

NIVO wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:26 pm
just took a peek, apparently they are using RetroFE as the base of the setup
Thanks. I was just going to ask what the base was so i could look into it without all the roms.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

NIVO
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by NIVO » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:22 pm

there are quirks with it, and still needs some tweaking. its not too terrible, ive yet to try it on the replay box. just messing about currently.

Everett1954
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Everett1954 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:26 am

Did anyone get this to run on? I copied this to the D: drive and click on CoinOPS Forgotten Worlds Launcher.exe and nothing happens.

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:44 pm

Everett1954 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:26 am
Did anyone get this to run on?
I don't have it myself to say for sure, but try right clicking and running as admin.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Everett1954
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Everett1954 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:07 pm

Actually I ran the downloaded folder on my windows laptop and received a VCRuntime140.dll missing error.

I looked up the error and the solution was to go here and install : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=52685 . You need to install install both the X64 and X86 Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC.

Now you can select one of batch files In CoinOPS (start with default) and click on that launcher.exe and it works!

I updated the Visual C++ files on the Replay and can actually run Forgotten Worlds 2 from a USB thumb drive.

Works great and I highly recommend trying this out on the Replay.

tifanyanne
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by tifanyanne » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:48 pm

Looks like the "packed" version 2 has been released as well... would love to try this out! Anyone interested in posting a walk-through to get this up and running for us more "technically challenged" folks? ;)

dmarcum99

Post by dmarcum99 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:26 pm

I downloaded the 32gb pack ------- and literally ran it from my download location after the files unpacked. No issues getting it to start.

There are stutters and slowdowns....while the presentation is really nice, I think the replay can't run this fluidly using the default setting the package comes in.

Perhaps tweaking the setup to where some features were disabled, like the crt curvature and crt screen dirt...I think it would run better.
Last edited by WheatPasta on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't mention where to get roms or rom packs bundled with software

Everett1954
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Everett1954 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:39 am

I just download and ran the packed edition and it runs fairly well on Replay

You can run one of the many batch files first (like LCD , full screen with wheel) to eliminate the dirty screen or change UI setup or to fit your wide screen tv.