Pop up keyboard

Talk about anything related to software here. Got any suggestions for editors or tools that make the Replay even better? Remember, it is a full PC so it can do a lot more than just play games!
RamenMike

Pop up keyboard

Post by RamenMike » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:32 am

Hello! I have a dreamcade controller paired and every time i press R1 or L1 a keyboard pops up, it is kinda annoying specially when i'm playing.
Tried to turn it off with this instructions, didnt work https://www.technipages.com/enable-disa ... n-keyboard
I believe it's tied to the virtual mouse app by dreamcade but couldnt find a way to configure it any help???
Thanks!

Mireille2015

Re: Pop up keyboard

Post by Mireille2015 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:40 am

RamenMike wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:32 am
Hello! I have a dreamcade controller paired and every time i press R1 or L1 a keyboard pops up, it is kinda annoying specially when i'm playing.
Tried to turn it off with this instructions, didnt work https://www.technipages.com/enable-disa ... n-keyboard
I believe it's tied to the virtual mouse app by dreamcade but couldnt find a way to configure it any help???
Thanks!
I don't know to disable the virtual mouse. But I ended up removing the virtual app from C:\virtual mouse.

It was getting annoying, when either playing or trying to help someone. After I removed it, it stopped. I prefer to use a real mouse anyway, specially if I need to help folks on their issues.
Be sure to visit WheatPasta and me on Discord. Where we can respond quicker and get you resolved on your issue quickly!

RamenMike

Post by RamenMike » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Thanks! I might end up removing the app. Problem is i wanted to be able to control everything with the controller only :(
I'm using Launchbox.

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:49 pm

RamenMike wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:19 pm
Thanks! I might end up removing the app. Problem is i wanted to be able to control everything with the controller only :(
I'm using Launchbox.
In that case you should look into and consider buying Controller Companion (Steam\Stand Alone)

Then if you set RetroArch to go full screen when you launch a game Controller Companion will auto disable itself.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

RamenMike

Post by RamenMike » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:51 am

After trying controller conpanion it seems that is just what i was looking for, thank you both for your advice!

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:54 pm

RamenMike wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:51 am
thank you both for your advice!
You are welcome. I'm glad it works well for you. I think more users would be a lot happier if they put a little time in to go this route.
Happy gaming.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

RamenMike

Post by RamenMike » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:29 am

To be honest i can understand where the frustration is coming from seeing this is not a plug and play system at all.
BUT!!...i do admit i have been enjoying the system a Lot more since i installed retroarch and Launchbox thanks to your in depth guide.