Selling your Dreamcade?

Community projects, New Games, Or other exciting news. Let us know here.
anta19
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Selling your Dreamcade?

Post by anta19 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:23 am

Wondering if anyone has had any luck selling their Dreamcade Replay? Mind has been collecting dust since I quit trying to make it work after 5 hours! Wondering the best way to list it!

Mireille2015

Re: Selling your Dreamcade?

Post by Mireille2015 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:56 am

I've read your previous posts. Sounds like you are being frustrated with the software and controller issue. What type of controller do you have?

One of your previous post, you mentioned using the Pi. WheatPasta has mentioned and posted links and tutorials about using LaunchBox / Retroarch. Which Pi uses Retroarch.

If you are ever up to swapping out some files to get the Replay going. I'll be glad to assist.

But, I do understand your frustration and wish to part ways with it.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:44 pm

anta19 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:23 am
Mind has been collecting dust since I quit trying to make it work after 5 hours!
Like Mireille2015 mentions I have made a few step by step videos to get LaunchBox and RetroArch going. With your Pi background it shouldn't be much trouble if any.

Here is the video on how to set up LaunchBox and Retro Arch.
Here is how to set up and application called Controller Companion if you want to use a controller to navigate LaunchBox
Here is how to set LaunchBox to boot when the Replay starts.

Lastly you can go to the User settings in Windows, then go to change the password, set it to just a blank box, and then confirm. Once you get everything sorted you will have the Replay boot up, auto login, and run LaunchBox on startup.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

AWinnerIsYou
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by AWinnerIsYou » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:38 am

I've had controller issues as well, primarily 8bitdo and Sony controllers. They forget my button bindings ALL the time.

But I like the Replay, it has so much potential. I know it's not a plug and play unit... but they put up a helpful YouTube vid that got me going in no time. And if it doesn't help, there are other vids created by other users that may be of assistance.

I use my unit primarily for TV Steam games and the MAME emulator, both of which really play well. I'm sorry to hear users are experiencing problems so severe they wish to give up. If you're looking to sell, eBay or Amazon may be a solid bet. Some users here might even want a 2nd to tinker with or take on the go. I was disappointed at first that I wouldn't be able to really use this without a keyboard and mouse... but once I found a good place in my entertainment center to stash them, it's been fun.

Fessdogg

Post by Fessdogg » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:48 am

I too would like to sell. I have a dreamcade that is still in the box with 4 controllers. My reason for selling doesn’t have anything to do with problems. I just have too many systems and this is the one that will take the most effort to set up. Has anyone had luck on eBay or Amazon? Is anyone interested in contacting me?