CarnEvil

This is the place to talk about games. Post a list of your favorites, discuss any upcoming games you are excited about, etc.
fowlken8
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

CarnEvil

Post by fowlken8 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:36 pm

Hey Guys,

Just bought a dreamcade replay and it should be arriving this Saturday. I'm pretty excited. I'm not expecting perfection but I'm pretty computer savvy and think I can manage things.

I have always wanted to play the shooter game CarnEvil again and see that it is a ROM that can be played on MAME.

Has anyone ever tried downloading it? What the heck do we do about light guns? I've read a few threads on here but nothing seems very definitive.

WheatPasta

Re: CarnEvil

Post by WheatPasta » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:46 pm

fowlken8 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:36 pm
What the heck do we do about light guns? I've read a few threads on here but nothing seems very definitive.
I have an AimTrak that I mess around with a little bit. I keep meaning to do a video. Support for it in Windows in general can seem a little hit or miss depending on the emulator used, but it does work. CarnEvil came out towards the end-ish of 1998.
Since it is a little newer compared to other MAME games I am not sure if the Replay will have enough power to run it.
EDIT I just tried. CarnEvil runs at 15FPS on the Replay so unfortunately as i feared it does not have enough power to run such a new Arcade based game.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

fowlken8
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by fowlken8 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Thanks Pasta.

And that sucks! Not knowing much about the way the emulators work, CarnEvil didn't seem to be all that graphic intensive. I'd imagine a PSP, N64 or PS1 games would be more taxing on the system.

It is what it is.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Dont despair. It does work. I'm working with WheatPasta on this as far as the best solution.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"