Missing driver for PCI Device

Post here if you have support issues that are not related to the specific topics above.
Chuck

Missing driver for PCI Device

Post by Chuck » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi,
I recently opened my Dreamcade Replay and haven't done anything with the Dreamcade replay software yet. I've only been doing Windows Updates so far (and I used the "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" to update the video drivers). I've done many rounds of updates/reboots and now I'm on OS version 10.0.17763.195. My issue now is that Device Manager shows a device with no driver. "Other devices->PCI Device" has an exclamation point. Update driver and search online says it was unable to find drivers. The device is "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AC8&SUBSYS_72708086". Any idea how I can make the exclamation point go away?

WheatPasta

Re: Missing driver for PCI Device

Post by WheatPasta » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:13 pm

Chuck wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:50 pm
Any idea how I can make the exclamation point go away?
I never noticed before. However I just looked, and it seems that my Replay also have the same thing you mentioned.

When I search for VEN_8086&DEV_5AC8 i get a page showing Downloads for Intel 82545GM Gigabit Ethernet Controller. I just yesterday or so had my Replay wired in to download a bigger Steam game to test, and did not have any issues other then it downloading a little slow. My guess is that perhaps the way the hardware is set up there is a conflicting issue with the way it reports the driver status. Thus the ! might be something you just have to pretend is not there.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Mireille2015

Re: Missing driver for PCI Device

Post by Mireille2015 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:43 pm

I agree with WheatPasta. If you click on the issues. It will say device working properly. It's just using outdated drivers. A previous user mentioned this before. I have the same exclamation on mine as well. I did managed to find a couple updates to correct the exclamation. I dont see any difference, still working the same and no lag.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"