Toobin (Arcade)

This is the place to talk about games. Post a list of your favorites, discuss any upcoming games you are excited about, etc.
LtMunst
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Toobin (Arcade)

Post by LtMunst » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:55 pm

Has anyone been able to play Toobin for Arcade? I've tried every version and I can't get this game to start. Can add coins ok, but no button will actually start the game.

Mireille2015

Re: Toobin (Arcade)

Post by Mireille2015 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:05 pm

OMG. This game was fun back then.

You might want get the keyboard for this.
While playing the game, or just in the game. Hit the tab button. Then go to input this machine. You might need to map out the controls specifically. I'll try this in a bit, just using the Replay controller.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:04 pm

I did try several versions of this game. And I noticed, there is no selection for start. Were you able to get this going?

Steve
Staff
Staff

Post by Steve » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:56 pm

Loved this game back in the day but then again I did my fair share of 'Toobin' down rivers. From what I could tell, the keys for that particular game do not look to be bound in Mame. Hold Start/Select and go to settings then Input (This machine) Bind the buttons to whatever the buttons you prefer. To start the game push the button you set for "Throw". I know its weird but its similar to a game like Gauntlet where the start is "Use Potion".

That should make the game work but again the buttons may be odd on a controller. I'd suggest a controller with triggers as you do have to paddle left right (and backwards left right) so technically you need 5 buttons in total.

There is the NES version of the game which is much more simplified and auto setup but the quality is... meh.
I'm Lank from California!

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:37 pm

Ah, one of those games. Just like Robotron 2084, were you must hit one of the F keys to boot in MAME for the first time!